Cargill Job Vacancy 2018 for FSQR Lead CAN MEA
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
CAN MEA region/close to major international airport
This role is responsible for strategic and tactical planning and directs the development of all FSQR systems in the CAN MEA region.
Responsibilities include: developing and implementing FSQR policies, continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, shaping the region’s food safety culture and leading talent management practices.
20% ENSURE COMPLIANCE OF REGULATIONS/ POLICIES
Assumes ultimate accountability for compliance to all Food Safety and Quality regulations, policies, standards and practices across the CAN MEA region.
Analyzes, reviews and interprets FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards.
Directs implementation of FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards across manufacturing facilities and farms.
30% PERFORM PREVENTION ACTIVITIES AND ISSUE RESOLUTION
Ensures connectivity and collaboration between FSQR functions across all manufacturing facilities within the region.
Mediates and ensures resolution to moderately complex FSQR issues.
Leads the region’s crisis management team in the event of a food safety incident.
Directs work with suppliers, external manufacturers and distribution centers to ensure FSQR requirements and product specifications are in compliance.
Proactively identifies and anticipates potential risk and takes action to prevent food safety/ quality issues across the region.
Accountable to ensure the completion of audits across the region, to identify and proactively address risk areas.
20% DEVELOP IMPLEMENT AND ASSESS PROCESS/SYSTEMS
Directs the implementation of product specification systems, all quality, regulatory and food safety programs and management of change programs.
Drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes, plant design and customer focus.
Provides input to Regional and Operational Leaders related to base and non-base capital expenditures necessary for achieving/maintaining industry leadership position in the Food Safety area.
10% SHAPE FOOD SAFETY, QUALITY AND REGULATORY CULTURE/REPUTATION
Responsible for being the central FSQR interface for customers and suppliers for the region.
Builds internal and external partnerships to ensure product quality for customers.
Ensures that any customer complaint related to FSQR issues are addressed and that customer food safety and quality expectations are met.
Leads implementation of Enterprise/regional strategy to ensure a highly engaged FSQR workforce. Modifies strategy as appropriate for CAN MEA.
20% PEOPLE, RESOURCE & BUDGET MANAGEMENT
Leads talent management of employees in the FSQR organization for the region.
Coordinates talent management efforts with other Group/Region FSQR leaders in the Enterprise.
Builds and develops an effective, competent and engaged workforce in the CAN MEA FSQR organization.
Develops both long range (strategic) and short range (tactical) FSQR plans, in alignment with Cargill corporate FSQR, Enterprise and Group objectives.
Key member of the CAN MEA BOSC leadership team.
- 5-8 year’s experience in quality management, customer service, supply chain, or related area, preferably experienced in both customer and operations activities.
- 3 years of experience in managing people – direct or indirect influence (e.g. managing processes), demonstrated leadership and process control management skills and an ability to develop team members.
- Intermediate knowledge of quality assurance systems : ISO, HACCP, GMP, Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Intermediate auditing/compliance: applies auditing/quality compliance skills to identify & manage risks/compliance.
- Intermediate knowledge of food laws and regulations: stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations.
- Intermediate plant/manufacturing knowledge – demonstrates practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Cargill policies & standards – Applies CFSRA policy and standards to enhance food safety and quality.
- Excellent communication skills (effective communicator with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across multiple functions & external parties).
- Good computer skills : MS Office.
- Fluent in English.
- Understanding of statistical process control programs.
- Operations experience.
- Language skills other than English : Arabic, French, Turkish.
- International experience : proven ability to work with other cultures.
- This role requires traveling across the MEA region, to production plants and customers.
- The position will offer the opportunity to gain deep knowledge and understanding of FSQR practices and procedures, gain deep knowledge of operations at Cargill / CAN, gain experience in setting up a professional FSQR organization.
- The role is open also to candidates outside the posted position.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location Netherlands-NH-Amsterdam
How to Apply
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More