CARE Job Vacancy 2018 for Entrepreneurship Advisor
CARE is one of the world’s leading humanitarian and development charities. We fight poverty and injustice in the world’s most vulnerable places. We save lives in disasters and conflicts. We stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) – Entrepreneurship Advisor
CARE is seeking an Entrepreneurship Advisor to support our global Women’s Economic Empowerment programme. In this exciting role, you will facilitate the design and understanding of effective Entrepreneurship programmes throughout CARE in order to substantially scale-up our impact.
The Entrepreneurship Advisor will be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices from within existing CARE activities as well as spotting trends and cutting-edge developments from across the broader sector. You will therefore need to be at the forefront of knowledge about the barriers that women face in building financially empowering and sustainable, profitable enterprises, and also about the most effective solutions for targeting the specific vulnerabilities that women entrepreneurs might face. You will also lead the development of tools and approaches that multiple country teams can easily apply as well as providing hands-on technical advice to nominated programmes.
Our ideal candidate will come with outstanding experience of the multiple facets of women’s entrepreneurship as a pathway to economic empowerment and an impressive grasp of contemporary issues and debate in this area. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, who is also a dedicated team-player with exceptional interpersonal skills who can catalyze significant growth in impact.
LOCATION: Nairobi or elsewhere in East, Central and Southern Africa
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Master’s degree in relevant area or suitable experience of practical expertise preferred
- Substantial experience working on a variety of international development and humanitarian settings
- Proven experience developing and managing entrepreneurship programmes/projects
- Experience with gender in development/humanitarian response
- Familiarity with donor thinking on entrepreneurship and women’s economic empowerment
- Experience of writing funding proposals to institutional donors
- A good grasp of contemporary issues and debates around entrepreneurship and economic empowerment
- Excellent knowledge of entrepreneurship in low and middle-income countries
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas simply in writing and verbally
- Must possess the ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fluency in French desired
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Apply here for the Entrepreneurship Advisor Job
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: