Care International Job Vacancy For Safety & Security Officer NGO, Application Details
Reporting to the Safety & Security Coordinator the Safety & Security Officer will assist in the smooth running of the Safety and Security department within the Refugee Assistance Programme, Dadaab.
S/he will be responsible for supervision of contracted security guards within their respective camp, Food Distribution Points (FDP), programme sites and reporting of all security situations to Safety & Security Coordinator (SSC) within and around the camp.
In addition s/he will be responsible for safeguarding the organization’s assets, detection and prevention of crime, as well as carrying out investigations and submitting reports.
Table of Contents
Safety & Security Officer NGO Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Management of the Safety & Security of CARE staff and property within respective/allocated camp/project sites and Food Distribution Points
- Conducting daily security checks at the camps/its environs and report to the SCC.
- Work with administration staff to ensure appropriate steps are taken to safeguard office premises, equipment and residential property (guards, locks, lighting, alarms, and fire equipment).
- Ensure adequate supervision of the contracted (G4S) security guards in the camp.
- Continuously update the SSC or his delegate on all security incidents and information of the region.
- Prepare camp based weekly security situation reports and send them to SSC or his delegate.
- Assist the SSC in implementing Dadaab annual operation plans by being in charge of specific camp based activities.
Responsible for Gathering and Dissemination of security information
- Gather all security information in her/his respective camp, analyze and disseminate the same to staff in the respective camp and share relevant security related information with other IPs.
- Develop a network of contacts among local actors to facilitate CARE work and enhance the security of its operations.
- Assist the SSC in conducting periodic and appropriate safety and security related trainings for all CARE staff in Dadaab.
- Conduct internal investigations as will be required and give reports to the SSC.
- Liaise with Kenya Police, UNHCR security, G4S, Community Self-Management Security Committee, the Section/Block leaders and CDS Incentive Workers, in order to collect security information from the community.
- Report on a regular/daily basis to Safety and Security Coordinator or his delegated authority in order to inform operational planning and decision making. Report on critical incidents, trends, population movements, potential triggers, etc
- Perform security assessments and physical survey in CARE camps, FDPs and project sites and submit report with recommendations to SSC.
- Work with SSC or delegated authority to develop and regularly update the Safety & Security Management Plan (SSMP) and tools in accordance with the nature of safety and security risks including detailed threat assessment, standard operating procedures for personal movement & transport, office, warehouse, telecommunications, incident report sheets and asset protection.
- Promote team work and spirit through participatory leadership in the delivery of safety and security services.
- Review safety and security procedures in consultation with SSC.
- Implement safety and security policies/procedures.
- Supervise and enforce compliance to safety & security standards and procedures.
Qualifications for the Safety & Security Officer NGO Job
- Diploma in Criminology/Security studies/Disaster management (a degree in the same field will be an added advantage)
- Basic Radio Communication course/training
- At least 6 years of progressive working experience in security setting; with 2 years in an NGO or international organization setting and 4 years in the Armed Forces (Police or Defence Force)
- Must have served in a substantive rank of NCO with the KDF or its equivalent in the National Police Service (NPS)
- Must be conversant with Field Communication Procedures (HF & VHF)
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of Security Operations
- Must be in possession of a valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Excellent investigation skills
- Good analytical & report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Flexibility & responsiveness in handling security issues
- High level integrity & confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and meet crucial deadlines Broad range of IT skills, including competencies in MS Office suite
How to Apply
Apply here for the Safety & Security Officer NGO Jobs CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: