Care International Job Vacancy For Plant Electrician NGO, Application Detail
CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations. CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process.
All CARE staff are required to comply with the Code of Conduct and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policies. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of the communities whom we serve, and therefore reserves the right to conduct background checks and other screening procedures to ensure a safe, dignified work environment.
The Plant Electrician will be responsible for maintenance of submersible pumps, booster pumps and other associated electrical equipments. He will always lead the Plant Electricians and ensure that all electrical equipments are serviced per schedule and repaired in the event of any break down.
Responsibilities for the Plant Electrician Job
Servicing and maintenance of gensets and pumps
- Repair and maintenance of gensets on electrical parts and instruments panel.
- Installation of new generators and retrieval of the old and defective ones.
- Repair and installation of booster pumps.
- Monitoring of all electrical installations in the generator rooms and making recommendations to the Plant Foreman of their replacements or repairs.
- To retrieve, repair and installation of boreholes submersible pumps.
- Borehole test pumping.
- Monitoring yield trends and behavior of boreholes and suggesting relevant remedial measures where necessary.
- Maintenance of workshop cleanliness and safety.
- Proper arrangement of the equipments and plants in the workshop.
- Repair and maintenance of the standby control panels, change over switches and other electrical equipments in the workshop.
- Keep records of all the electrical repairs done in the field and in the workshop.
- Keep records of all electrical spares used in the workshop and in the field.
- Prepare weekly and monthly unit reports on jobs and conditions of all the relevant system and submit to supervisor.
Power grid maintenance
- Prepare technical designs of the power grid for the CARE compounds in Dadaab.
- Prepare the BoQs for all electrical power installations in CARE compounds.
- Assist in supervision of the contractors doing upgrade or installations of the power grids in CARE compounds.
- Advise and recommend the power requirement for electrical gadgets.
Plant Electrician Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Plant Electrician or Plant Electrician Grade I.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in plant workshop and in relevant field work.
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Team player
- Ability to work for long hours with minimal supervision are important assets of this job.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: