Care International Job Vacancy For NGO Master Plumber, Application Details
CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations. CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process.
All CARE staff are required to comply with the Code of Conduct and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policies. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of the communities whom we serve, and therefore reserves the right to conduct background checks and other screening procedures to ensure a safe, dignified work environment.
Job Summary & Purpose:
Reporting to the Water Officer, the Master Plumber will be responsible for quality installation of water reticulation systems, repair of bursts, ensuring that all water appurtenances are fixed correctly and in a professional manner and will train and mentor repair team members.
Master Plumber Job Responsibilities
Installation of water pipes and fittings
- Guide a team of refugees plumbers in repair and installation of water reticulation system when need arises and fixing associated fittings.
- In collaboration with other team members, give technical extension information to the tap stand monitors on areas of facilities proper/prudent management for sustainability.
- Lead the repair team in pressure regulation for equitable potable water distribution in the reticulation system, in line with the set water regime and SPHERE / UNHCR standards.
- Work in collaboration with Water Officer in ensuring efficient and yet uninterrupted water supply during supply hours, should there be any repair work it should be attended in the shortest time possible.
- Prepare a record of daily activities performed in the field and submit weekly report to the supervisor.
- Provide a record of all repairs and bursts attended during the week for documentation.
- Inspect and certify any pipe repair work done by refugees’ plumbers before back-filling the soil to ensure quality workmanship is maintained.
- Approve trench excavation done by contractors to ensure correct depth and width is achieved before pipe installation commences.
- Supervise the repair team member and ensure appropriate work allocation for each work day.
Collaboration and Networking
- Work together with WASH committees, community leadership in the field in identification of problematic areas, water reticulation systems with a view of providing a sustainable solution.
- Collaborate with other agencies’ staff in the field e.g. LWF, UNHCR etc during inter agency meetings and field discussions.
Qualifications for the Master Plumber Job
- Craft Certificate or Government Grade Test I in Plumbing from a recognized and accredited post-secondary technical institution.
- 4 years proven experience installing GI, ferrous and uPVC water pipes preferably in Community based water project with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects.
- Good communication skills; able to read and write in English and Swahili. Ability to communicate in Somali is an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to work without supervision. Basic computer skills
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: