Care International Job Vacancy 2018 for HR Head, Application Details
CARE is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian agencies working to help people achieve social and economic well-being while being among the best in their fields. CARE Somalia is an International NGO working in Somalia.
CARE Somalia and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
We’re seeking applications from experienced professionals to fill the position of Head of Human Resources who not only align with our values, but also want to make a difference, develop and inspire others, drive innovative ideas and deliver results.
The position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to Somalia (50% travel).
- Reporting to the Programs Support Director and a member of the Senior Management Team, the overall purpose of the position is to support and contribute to the attainment of the overall Country Office strategic business plans and objectives through effective management and leadership of the Country Office HR function.
- The position holder will provide practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to other managers on HR procedures, policies, best practices, employment rewards, benefits, and legislation to facilitate the achievement of the objectives and targets of the organization.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or related field and a Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- S/he should have 3 to 4 years’ proven experience in a HR senior position, including high performance in the full range of human resource management activities (among them; recruitment and selection, performance management, staff development, talent management, reward management and employee relations and personnel planning among others.) preferably with INGOs.
- S/he should have substantial knowledge of Kenya and Somalia employment laws and should have the ability to influence and persuade decision making at senior management level. Previous experience in managing operations or administration will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to [email protected] by April 5, 2018.
Please indicate ‘Head of Human Resources’ as the subject line.
Please visit https://reliefweb.int/jobs for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: