Busara Center for Behavioral Economics Recruitment 2018 for Internal Communications Officer NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Busara Center for Behavioral Economics Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics Recruitment 2018
The Internal Communications Officer supports Busara’s new Communications division from its headquarters in Kenya. This is a delivery-focused position that cuts across all divisions at Busara.
Rigorous internal communication is necessary to support the rapid growth and change characteristic of Busara. With up to 40 ongoing projects within the organisation at once, there is an important efficiency gain to be won with the standardisation of our communications outputs, the sharing of knowledge and learnings and the flow of information to support external communications.
The Internal Communications Officer is responsible for implementing internal initiatives which improve Busara’s internal and external communications. As our organisation spans across a wide range of sectors and disciplines, from highly academic lab experiments to strategic consulting for pan-African corporations, our communications must be as flexible and far reaching as our work.
Internal Communications Officer Job Responsibilities
The Internal Communications Officer will need to apply their professional rigor and communication expertise to:
- SUPPORT the strategic needs of the Communications division
- STANDARDIZE our outputs through the use of templates, guideline documents, etc
- DEVELOP our knowledge management initiatives
- GROW our internal training capacity, provide staff with the best tools for success
1. Comms Support
- Create key findings presentations for each project, using information collected from Projects Division to serve for our website case studies
- Provide analytics reports of our website and social media traffic (Google Analytics, audience insights)
- Coordinate PR initiatives both at the local level as well as the international level.
- Organize and create templates for our communications collateral (pitch decks, 1-pagers, internal memos, client presentations, etc) and enforce these common design standards across all organizational outputs.
- Create communications best practices guides both for internal sharing and external dissemination.
- Support the execution of project collateral (such as proposals, client presentations, finalreports, and other key deliverables) by providing guidance on content flow, use of language, tone of voice, clarity of information, spell and grammar check, etc
3. Knowledge Management
- Contribute to the development of Busara’s knowledge management system (B.wiki) to ensure transparent and efficient communication across project teams.
- Propose and implement priority projects, working across teams to drive improvements in finance, human resources, communication, project operations, technology, research practices, procurement, and other areas key to Busara’s work.
- Build, communicate, and execute detailed plans in order to implement identified projects, working with internal subject matter experts, technical experts, management, etc. to complete each project.
4. Internal training
- Support internal training initiatives from the Comms division on the organization’s brand and communications process flows.
- Propose and provide alternative internal training initiatives (e-learning, guidebooks, Lunch & Learn, etc)
Requirements for the Internal Communications Officer Job
The ideal candidate is action-oriented, a self-starter, quickly grasps new concepts, has excellent project management skills and is focused on results. In particular, we are looking for candidates with:
- 3+ years experience in communications, policy outreach, PR, marketing, design or a related field.
- Experience working in teams, with a particular focus on communications, social media, policy outreach and design.
- A history of contributing strategically to organizations, with an emphasis on communications and design.
- Experience using data and state-of-the-art research to develop communications initiatives.
- An ability to work with and inspire people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
- A Degree in Public Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, or International Relations. Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or relevant field preferred.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More