British Council Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Procurement Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for British Council job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
British Council Job Vacancy 2018
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to employing disabled people.
Location: Flexible in East
Cluster: (Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan
Contract type: Indefinite Pay band: 7
Strategic Business Unit (SBU): Procurement
Eligibility: Existing rights to live and work in East African country of application
Closing date: 23 September 2018 (23:59 GMT)
The British Council is currently looking for a Senior Procurement Manager and Cluster Lead to join the team within the East Cluster of Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). East Cluster countries include Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan. The post holder can be situated in any of the East Cluster countries.
Senior Procurement Manager and Cluster Lead, East and Horn of Africa (Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan)
- Ensuring that procurement attains a proper facilitation and value add role to all countries and strategic business units within the East and Horn of Africa cluster.
- Proactive stakeholder engagement to reduce unplanned/ emergency procurement processes.
- Maintaining an end to end tracking tool for all essential procurement requests and status at all times.
- Creativity to provide workable solutions to unique procurement requests in underdeveloped supply markets without loss for credibility and continued assured value for money.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics OR Business OR Social Science related field OR MCIPS
- Previous experience in cross border procuring, contracting and Supplier Relationship Management role
- Building relationships with internal stakeholders and identifying innovative ways of working with suppliers
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of working within main category areas (travel, facilities, consultancy, hotels, venues, marketing etc)
Please refer to the role profile for more information on the role responsibilities/accountabilities and person specification which can be found on the link below.
Closing date for applications is 23 September 2018 (23:59 UK time)
Note that you should only fill out the application after thoroughly reading through the ROLE PROFILE & GUIDANCE NOTES.
(For full details please see the information included on the British Council jobs portal)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to British Council career website on jobs.britishcouncil.org to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: