British American Tobacco Job Vacancies 2018 for Production Manager
The Production Manager has 24-hour accountability for all Daily Management Systems (DMS) of their team. They are responsible for managing and improving results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need (CBN) and Site Master Plan through rigorous application of Lean Manufacturing Systems/ Run to Target (RTT) tools.Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure manufacturing targets (Safety, Quality, Conformance to Schedule, OEE, Waste, Cost) are achieved;
- Drive disciplined and effective application of Lean Manufacturing systems including Focused Improvement, Autonomous Maintenance, Progressive and preventive Maintenance, CIL, Centerlines, Rapid change over capability and problem-solving tools (6W-2h, Y-Y, Work point Analysis, transformation analysis);
- Prepare and execute the 90 days action plans making sure continuous improvement takes place;
- To champion the philosophy of continuous improvement across all areas of the business and to encourage others to adopt techniques available to drive this;
- Optimize the use of budgets, manpower, raw material and equipment to further improve department productivity and flexibility;
- Together with Engineering ensure the appropriate planning of preventative maintenance and coordination of investment projects as required;
- Ensuring EH&S policies and procedures are adhered to within area of responsibility;
- People management in a Union environment i.e. good working relationship, development, manpower planning, coaching, performance management, training;
- Effective Stakeholder engagement to proactively resolve any potential performance obstacles.
- University Graduate with a relevant Engineering Degree;
- 5 years of relevant work experience in production management roles;
- People leadership including experience in working within a Unionized environment;
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing excellence systems such as Lean Manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance or World Class Manufacturing;
- Experience with OEE/Process reliability improvement.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As a firm with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large firm (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE: