Brites Management Job Vacancy 2018 for Logistics Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Brites Management job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Brites Management Job Vacancy 2018
Our client an FMCG with a busy fleet of delivery trucks is seeking to employ a Logistics officer with good experience in a Control room. Generally, the jobholder will perform Control Room daily operations with high integrity and efficiency.
Logistics Officer Job Responsibilities
- Track vehicle locations by GPS system
- Make comparison of actual amounts fuelled vs. invoiced amounts on a daily and monthly basis and highlight discrepancies in the reports.
- Ensure strict compliance with company regulations by drivers.
- Identify on-road exceptions and take immediate remedial action including co-ordinating and responding to emergency situations
- Liaise with drivers, operations personnel and Management
- Develop and present daily management reports relating to vehicle utilization and tracking
- Monitor truck driver performance by Identifying poor trends and driving behaviour through real time and weekly system reports and alerts.
- Analyse operational efficiency of each vehicle in terms of idle time, stop time etc. as a percentage to identify any underutilized vehicles on monthly basis.
- Make comparison of the mapped route vs. the actual route followed on each day and take follow up action to find out cause of deviation.
- Calculate various metrics such as loaves/km, loaves/litre, customers/km to determine efficiency of routes and areas with low presence or penetration on monthly basis for each route.
- Maintain register of alerts from the analysis, who has been contacted and what action has been taken.
- Any other duties related to or arising from the performance of what is listed above.
Qualifications for the Logistics Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience managing transport in a company with very busy fleet of vehicles
- Experience in a busy control room
- Alert and keen on details.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to interpret data.
- Integrity, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Good report writing skills with ability to provide timely and accurate reports
- Good record keeping skills
- Ability to take initiative and use own judgment
- Flexibility as the job may entail shift work(day/night)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: