Britam Job Vacancy 2018 for Administrative Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Britam job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Britam Job Vacancy 2018
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region. The company offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. The product range includes: life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, Property development and private Equity.
To role holder is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Britam Stores in accordance with the Administration Policies and Procedures manual.
- Maintain inventories at the levels set by the management ensuring optimal stock levels;
- Sustain efficient inventory management, raise purchase requisitions and assist user department(s) to order adequate merchandise and supplies;
- Maintain proper control of stocks in & out of the store;
- Maintain proper filling records of stores items;
- Maintain stock re-order levels;
- Accurately account for all transactions to and from the stores and reconcile the system quantity and physical stock counts;
- Prepare relevant inventory monthly reports for analysis;
- Identify stores inventory issues that arise with quick resolution to ensure organizational effectiveness;
- Receive and inspect all incoming materials and reconcile with the purchase orders (LPO’s), documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received;
- Issue approved stores requisitions to departments and to branch network;
- Follow up of pending stores deliveries with Procurement Department to ensure no backorders;
- Ensure that all goods received agree with the purchase order specifications, quality and quantity;
- Participate in quarterly stock take of inventory, analyse the variances and report accordingly;
- Develop and foster good working relationships with vendors;
- Observe strict adherence to the company’s Administration processes and procedures manual; and
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Knowledge, Experience And Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ERP (Oracle) system and/or experience would be an advantage
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; use technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Uphold’s ethics and values; demonstrate integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during everyday interactions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Britam career website on britam.taleo.net to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: