Bridge International Academies Job Vacancy For Employee Experience Officer, Application Details
Bridge International Academies was founded to address the education crisis in the developing world. Bridge aims to provide vastly improved education in Africa and South Asia to the hundreds of millions of students who do not receive an adequate education and the 200 million children who are not enrolled in school. Bridge does this by providing technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content that empowers communities to provide their children a high-quality education. Bridge directly operates ~500 schools across Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, and India and acts as a government school operator for public primary and nursery schools in Liberia. Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages both their hearts and minds, and ensures that they will complete primary school literate, numerate, and prepared for the challenges ahead.
Do you believe that every child deserves excellent quality education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that families living on less than $2 per day deserve great schools and curriculum? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
Bridge is the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization. If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-past, always changing working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
People Operations at Bridge
People are at the core of what we do, from the teachers in our academies to software developers building our tech platform – and we do it at massive scale with rapid growth. The People Operations team is the key in unlocking “people potential” towards achieving our company’s goals. We believe in:
- Focusing on operational excellence and execution – we want to make our employees’ and their managers’ lives simpler, and give them the tools and support to be successful. We must excel first and foremost on service delivery.
- Using analytics/ data to drive key decisions and continuous improvement – across core HR competencies like compensation, performance, talent, we believe that an analytical approach will enable us to attract, reward, and retain top performers.
- Aligning with the company’s strategic objectives – we are all playing for the same team. The human resources function, along with finance, operations, legal, and other functional areas, should be fully in sync.
About The Role
The Employee Experience Officer is responsible for the overall, day-to-day Employee Experience at Bridge including program development, activities and communication. In this role, you will partner with the Director or People Operations and other senior leadership to design, initiate and execute exciting employee engagement activities that help each of our employees connect more effectively with Bridge’s mission. You will lead by being a natural relationship builder through being curious and empathetic and by being an excellent listener and communicator. You will also partner with the People Operations Team on various HR programs and initiatives. The goal is to create employee connection, spark engagement and create experiences that make Bridge the most remarkable place to work.
The role be based out of Nairobi and will report into the People Operations Director, East Africa.
What You Will Do
- Develop programs to strengthen staff satisfaction, recognition, engagement, and open and effective communication across the Company
- Create initiatives that reinforce Bridge’s values and create a professional and happy workplace
- Manage and coordinate new hire onboarding, ensuring a seamless transition from prospective candidate to employee
- Analyse turnover and retention statistics; conduct employee opinion surveys; make recommendations and implement solutions to lower employee turnover and enhance employee morale
- Act as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues to leadership and HR Representatives
- Manage the administration and education of benefits and perks, and make recommendations for competitive benefits offerings
- Manage birthday, work anniversary, and other recognition and celebration programs
- Create direct, thoughtful and clear communications in a distributed organization currently using multiple communication channels
- Embody our core values and bring them alive in the company
- Take employee pulse checks and bring suggestions for improvement
- Be resourceful and motivated to find answers in a fast-changing environment taking ownership in bringing ideas and solutions back to the senior leadership team
- Prepare monthly newsletter to communicate current issues affecting employees
- Link with other functions, i.e. tech, PR to leverage off initiatives by them and seek opportunities to improve employee engagement
- Coordinate and manage employee off-boarding process with respect for the individual
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in human resources, employee relations, employee engagement or a related field
- Experience of having worked in a high-growth environment/ start-up
- Working knowledge of general HR practices, programs and policies
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in employee engagement
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and an organized and efficient work style
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly and establish productive, trust-based and effective relationships with a wide variety of individuals across diverse groups
- Proactively takes ownership for producing positive results
- Strong attention to detail with an innate focus on customer service
- Demonstrated ability to stay objective and exercise sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations
- High degree of integrity and honesty
- Diplomatic, tactful and thoughtful in interactions with others
- Self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and owns his/her own success metrics
You Are Also:
- Proactive – You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: