Branch.co Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Accountant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Branch.co Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Branch.co Job Vacancy 2018
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets.
We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets.
Most recently, Branch announced its Series B and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
The Senior Accountant will work under the Director of Finance. This will be a permanent role that will involve accounting, reporting as well ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
The Senior Accountant should also be someone with an interest in FP&A who is willing to learn how to work with growth models, analyse financial statements, forecast and budget.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant Job
The Senior Accountant will be required to participate in the preparation of final financial reports, financial analysis, developing and designing of new KPIs and reconciliation templates and ensure all the reports are updated and sent out on time.
- Perform cross country accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions with good understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Be able to set up accounting books and procedures for new countries
- Take charge of month end procedures and timelines
- Assist with testing and receiving final approval for accounting software reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
Reporting and Analysis
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for each country covering Disbursements, Repayments and Net Cash, third party contracts eg Mpesa, Vodafone, Cellulant
- Assist in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Perform Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis using the available business intelligence tools
- Develop financial models and analyses, dashboard reports to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Senior Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance related areas, CPA graduate is an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years solid experience working in financial service industry
- At Least 2 years solid Accounting experience preferably handling more than 2 countries
- Experience working with accounting softwares, Quickbooks, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Very analytical with expert Excel skills
- Fluent spoken and written Swahili and English
- Self-motivated, Creative
- Super Organized & Results focused
- Able to work with tight deadlines and in a startup environment
How to Apply
Kindly visit our careers page HERE to apply online.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: