BRAC Job Vacancy 2018 for Deputy Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for BRAC job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
BRAC Job Vacancy 2018
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 through the Stichting BRAC International, which is registered in the Netherlands. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, food security, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In March 2018, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the third consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking to recruit an experienced high calibre professional for the position of Deputy Director – Programme Quality, Africa Region.
Job Location: Africa Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Director-Africa region, the Deputy Director-Programme Quality, Africa Region will contribute to implementation of the Africa strategy by developing a coherent approach among the countries to achieve the programmatic goals for Africa. The incumbent will oversee programme quality in the BRAC International countries within the region. This will include proposal development, project design, implementation and impact measurement of country programmes.
The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring knowledge sharing and learning related to programming and programme quality across the region and rest of BRAC International.
S/he will develop a sustainable network with donors and ensure financial sustainability of programmes.
The Deputy Director – Programme Quality, Africa region will be responsible for coordinating activities of the regional programme staff, including the direct supervision of some of those staff, ensuring they, as a team, meet the requirements of the region.
The key responsibilities include:
- Providing successful leadership in proposal development and programme specific sustainable fundraising mechanisms and working closely with senior management, donors and the Board for programme expansion and exit strategy;
- Assisting BRAC International countries in carrying out contextual analysis, programme reviews and making necessary adjustments to ongoing programmes to better align them with organizational priorities, and identify opportunities for innovation;
- Working closely with affiliates (BRAC UK, BRAC USA) and Resident Representative Fundraiser of Netherlands for fund-raising, maintaining donor liaison and representing BRAC at a regional level. Developing a sustainable network/relationship with donors to lift BRAC International acceptability among donors at regional level;
- Supporting countries to establish effective monitoring and evaluation frameworks and developing impact measurement systems. Visiting Country Offices in the region on a periodic basis to review programmes. Offering suggestions to the country teams on how to strengthen their programmes and following up on implementation of suggestions. Reviewing programmatic reports of the countries and sharing knowledge across BRAC International;
- Advising BRAC International senior management on strategic programming in the countries and participating in strategic decision making. Ensuring communication and cooperation within the region and between the region and the wider organization around programme quality issues;
- Representing BRAC at the regional level and facilitating engagement with strategic partners, donors, social movements in the region and globally;
- Developing a competitive advocacy framework for the Africa region and providing necessary suggestions and guidelines for implementation;
- Directing and managing regional programme staff at the Regional office and being actively involved in selection, orientation, coaching and development of staff through supportive supervision;
- Any other responsibility as and when required by the Regional office.
Education requirements: A PhD/ Masters in relevant subjects such as Economics, Social Science, International Development, etc.
- 15 to 20 years experience in a senior technical or management position preferably in an NGO/INGO managing complex programmes, including programme planning and administration, evaluation, proposal writing and fund-raising, managing budgets and accounts, staff supervision and training;
- Experience in developing and implementing an effective monitoring framework and impact measurement tools;
- Experience in more than one country preferably;
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders and multicultural staff and work team supervision and development; and
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy work and knowledge of at least one sector BRAC works in.
- Leadership skills
- Understanding of international social, political and economic issues and regional particularities
- Commitment to poverty alleviation and gender issues
- Data rational, finance and budgeting skills , analytical and resource optimization skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Skilled at developing others
- Participative style, strong influencing skills
- Experience and knowledge of south-based development issues
- Technical knowledge of at least one BRAC programme
- Skills related to Monitoring and Evaluation functions and knowledge management
- Adept at multitasking, troubleshooting innovatively
- Appreciation of diversity and familiarity with multicultural environment
Employment type: Contractual
How to Apply
If you believe you fit the required profile, please forward your curriculum vitae giving details of your qualifications and experience, and quoting BRAC International – Deputy Director Programme Quality to [email protected] by Friday, 14 September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: