Bomet County Job Vacancy 2018 for Sign Interpreter, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Bomet County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Bomet County Job Vacancy 2018
The County Government of Bomet through the Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions: –
Sign Language Interpreter – J/G CPSB 10 (1 Post)
- Reporting to the officer in charge he/she will be responsible for: –
- Translating the spoken word in to sign language and vice versa
- conduct research on current trends on access to communication and cascading the same to stakeholders
- Facilitating communication with deaf persons through sign language
- Helping the deaf or hearing-impaired individuals understand government processes
- Assisting in provision of regular sensitization to the staff on basic sign language
- Providing advice for the right of the deaf in the provision of accessible information by all
- Responsible for creating a training plan for staff on sign language
- Carrying out regular research on current trends and conduct sensitization to the staff
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant area
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience
- Good listening skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Observe strict confidentiality
- Conduct should be above reproach
- Should not interfere with advice or interject personal opinions into interpreted situations
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted online on or before 21st November, 2018 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net Or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke.
Manual applications will not be accepted.
‘The county government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’.
Public Service Board
P.o. Box 605-20400
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More