Bomet County Job Vacancy 2018 for Deputy Director of Disaster Management, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Bomet County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Bomet County Job Vacancy 2018
Requirements for the Deputy Director of Disaster Management Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Disaster Management, Social Science or related field from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Have minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills with outstanding verbal and written communication
- Has the ability to work within a multi-cultural setting and management skills
- Demonstrated professional, technical and administrative competence.
Deputy Director Disaster Management Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director Administration, he/she will be responsible for:
- Contribution towards effective coordination of disaster risk management programmes, emergencies, policies, strategies;
- Development and review of Disaster Response Plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for effective response;
- Supervision of staff and overseeing the smooth running of the department
- Management of department’s budget and maintain statistical and financial records
- Collaboration and Networking with like-minded partners to build a culture of risk reduction and effective emergency response plans;
- Acting as a focal point in best practices for replication and uptake by strategic partners and stakeholders;
- Establishing a unique County Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) for effective management and coordination of humanitarian emergencies;
- Ensuring total compliance to the Workplace safety standards (OSHA)
- Raising awareness to the public on disaster management and preparedness
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted online on or before 6th November, 2018 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke
Manual applications will not be accepted.
Public Service Board
P.O. Box 605-20400
Documents for purposes of complying with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010, will be required from those shortlisted
‘The county government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: