BOC Kenya Limited Job Vacancy 2019 for Supply Chain & Distribution Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for BOC Kenya Limited Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
BOC Kenya Limited Job Vacancy 2019
BOC Kenya PLC is a market leader in industrial and medical gases, welding equipment and consumables, medical equipment and related services. The company operates to the highest global standards and has access to the latest in cutting edge research and technologies provided by its parent company, The Linde Group of Germany. The company has established subsidiaries in Tanzania and Uganda with a distribution network of resellers within the East African Region.
Candidates are sought to fill the following positions based in Nairobi.
The Supply Chain & Distribution Manager reports to the Managing Director and works very closely with the Operations and the Sales teams to meet our customers’ needs. The Position is responsible for the management of inventory to ensure optimization, efficient distribution to ensure timely and cost-effective deliveries, and the management of the specialised company fleet. This entails development and rollout of the standards, systems and processes that facilitate the efficiencies and controls necessary for meeting, if not surpassing, our customers’ expectations.
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Contribution to the strategy execution by designing and effectively implementing systems that support the overall business strategy and respond to changing market conditions
- Enhance customer service delivery by defining and enforcing the required standards of operation, ensuring the availability of the materials and equipment such as tanks and cylinders, necessary for meeting our customers’ needs.
- Set and regularly review the inventory management standards such as minimum stock and/or reorder levels as well as monitor stock movement, adjusting as necessary
- Monitor the performance of both goods and services suppliers and make the necessary recommendations to the Procurement unit
- Work closely with the Operations, Sales and Customer Service teams to ensure that storage is optimized, vehicles usage is efficient, priorities are met, and problems are resolved in a timely manner
- Define and enforce the standards for fleet maintenance
- Manage the Supply Chain & Distribution team, taking charge of their training & development, mentoring and coaching, performance management and discipline.
- Ensure compliance to safety as well as internal and external regulatory standards
You will be a customer-centric, strategically inclined people leader with strong business acumen and a strong sense of accountability as well as results orientation. Your decisiveness, ability to embrace change and your affinity for process excellence will be of particular interest to us. In addition, you will have the following:
- Degree in Commerce, Business Studies, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- A professional qualification in supply chain management will be an advantage, as will an Auto Engineering qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in inventory management and supply planning
- Experience with imports and exports procedures
- Experience of working with Lean Tools or continual improvement is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please make your application on our online recruitment portal, jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke. This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements.
Your application should be sent by close of business Monday 25th February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: