Bidhaa Sasa Job Vacancy 2018 for Regional Coordinator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Bidhaa Sasa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Bidhaa Sasa Job Vacancy 2018
We believe that everyone should equally benefit from Kenya’s fast development and we work hard to make high standard products accessible to increase quality of life in rural areas.
Bidhaa Sasa is a women-focused start-up that uniquely combines financing and last-mile distribution of modern household goods in the rural areas. We make technology products, such as solar systems and efficient jikos, both accessible and affordable by offering consumer financing to the under-served and unbanked. We deliver life improving products to our clients’ doorsteps while making all products payable in affordable instalments.
We sell our products through groups that are recruited and managed by women leaders in the rural heartlands of Bungoma, Kakamega, Nandi and Vihiga Counties. We are proud about our growing team of currently 57 people, of which 52 are based in Western Kenya and the rest in Nairobi handling HQ operations.
From humble beginnings with one location in Webuye and 2,000 customers in 2016, we have reached over 12,000 clients and are expanding our reach further with a Siaya branch coming up in October. But we won’t stop there. We aim to become the retailer of choice for rural families in East Africa.
About the role
Our rural staff are at the heart of our business model to deliver our products and services. Our field operations are instrumental to our business sustainability and are run by our Branch Coordinators. We are looking for someone to support our Branch Coordinators in driving their business objectives (Western Kenya: Webuye, Kapsabet, Moi’s Bridge, Mumias, Vihiga and Siaya). Each of the coordinators is responsible for 7-8 employees who work as sales agents and loan collection officers.
This is a mid-level position based in Western Kenya, reporting to the Nairobi-based Director directly. You will work across the branches to assess and increase employee engagement and performance. You will gauge customer satisfaction and suggest relevant initiatives to the team.
Regional Coordinator Job Responsibilities
The six branch coordinators will be reporting to you. Developing their people management skills further is key to growing the business. By working with the branch coordinators on a daily basis you will be strengthening the capacity of the teams at the branches. Through this we expect the following outcomes from you: increased staff satisfaction, retention and performance, with the ultimate goal of sales growth, improved debt collections, customer satisfaction and referral sales.
Provide deep and specific support to our six Branch Coordinators
- Engage branch managers one on one, supporting them in driving results in their branches through their teams. This includes coaching and supporting them in key processes such as performance management.
- Build their skills to becoming stronger trainers, coaches and leaders themselves.
- Provide specific, situational and practical advice around team-related issues and decisions, and help Branch Coordinators in finding solutions that work in their locality and for their team.
- Further drive the spirit and community of learning between branch coordinators through facilitating peer forums and conversations.
- Pull in and liaise with relevant HQ staff on key issues.
Drive engagement and motivation of our field force
- Constantly communicate Bidhaa Sasa’s vision and values, further enhancing buy-in into our unique approach to sales and rural development.
- Visit the branches and go for field visits, to actively track engagement and motivation of our field agents (in collaboration with the HR Manager).
- Identify learning and training needs per branch and liaise with HQ team to come up with relevant curricula and trainings.
- Organize and conduct training sessions.
- Work collaboratively with Business Support, Research & Data team and HR to foster a continuous learning culture and standardization of processes.
- Participate in the onboarding weeks for new staff through running training sessions.
Help drive overall company performance and improve our procedures
- Capture learnings from the field, observe trends and raise challenges and opportunities to the larger team. This is a joint responsibility with our Business Support Manager, who drives overall process improvement in the company.
- Bring ideas and liaise with others in the team to improve our sales and collection procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly calls to discuss and monitor branch performance with the head office team.
- Conduct quarterly performance appraisals for the Branch Coordinators.
- Interact with clients frequently to understand their needs, problems, gauge their satisfaction with our products and services.
Regional Coordinator Job Requirements
- You’re passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off.
- At least 5 years of relevant progressive experiences in leading teams in a business. (Direct sales experience or work with sales agents/teams is not a must.)
- A relevant bachelor degree is required.
- You have interacted with a wide range of people and teams. Your leadership style focuses on people management and talent development.
- You are analytical and know how to troubleshoot an issue and drawing insights.
- Good track record of coaching and developing people to reach difficult goals.
- Deep knowledge about rural communities, their culture and their decision making.
- You know how to identify capacity gaps in teams and think through interventions (training and otherwise) to fill them.
- Experience and skill in running engaging and practical training workshops preferred.
- You are energized by interacting with people, and enjoy spending a lot of time in the field and outdoors.
- You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients and within teams.
- You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English required. Working knowledge in local languages (Luhya, Kalenjin, Dholuo) is an added advantage.
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and help out wherever needed to solve arising problems and harness business opportunities.
- Willingness to live, work and travel in Western Kenya to easily access our branches and clients.
- When we talk about supporting the branches, we don’t mean on the phone! There will be a lot of travelling! Each of the branches needs to be visited on a regular basis and once you’re done with one the next visit is waiting! For easy access to our branches, you could be based in or around Eldoret or Kakamega.
Our culture – We are the right organization for you if:
- You believe in the potential of rural communities to improve their family’s lives and are eager to ensure everyone has an equal part in Kenya’s development. We put the client at the centre of all our decisions and actions.
- You enjoy the thrill of start-up life, where we fail and learn from it, where things change fast, and every day brings new challenges. We are a small team working tirelessly to achieve something that has not been done before!
- You are excited about working in a multi-cultural environment, where we have open communication channels, are transparent about challenges and mistakes, learn from each other and respect and leverage our diversity to make the business work.
- You want your ideas to be heard and participate in business strategy: Our team is collaborative and supportive. We listen to insights from the field, because we know that otherwise we can’t succeed.
You will be based in or around Kakamega or Eldoret with 80% travel through Western Kenya, mainly using public means. Simple, safe and clean accommodation will be provided by the company. Given our clients’ savings groups tend to meet on Saturday and Sundays, work will extend to the weekend.
This role will include a strong bonus related element of around one third of the salary based on key performance areas such as employee engagement on branch level, sales growth and loan portfolio quality.
How to Apply
Take a look at our website to see how you resonate with what we do.
Please have a look at this guide on how to submit your application and tips on our selection process http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide
Fill out the online application form under this link http://bit.ly/JoinBidhaaRC
Send your CV in PDF format to [email protected] with the subject line “Bidhaa Sasa Coordinator”. Please ensure that it is tailored to this role and has no more than 3 pages.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: