BBC Job Vacancy 2018 for Marketing Executive, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for BBC Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
BBC Job Vacancy 2018
The BBC World Service delivers a multi-platform news service in English and 42 languages to millions around the world on TV, radio and digital platforms.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing for BBC World Service, the post holder is required to run media planning and paid media and digital content marketing campaigns to drive awareness of language services, trial of new digital content and brand equity among audiences.
The post holder will develop excellent working relationships with the Editorial teams, to ensure marketing best supports their Editorial plans and priorities. Keeping a close eye on the News as it breaks, they will need to identify and manage tactical, reactive activity alongside strategic delivery plans.
They will also work very closely with colleagues in the wider marketing and business development community including trade and consumer marketing in Global News Limited to ensure consistency in strategic and creative approach.
They will work closely with World Service Business Development leads to ensure all world service content consumed off platform is appropriately branded to optimise attribution.
We’re looking for people who are full of ideas and have a real passion for news. People who have enthusiasm for all things digital and keen to understand the role Marketing plays across BBC journalism around the world.
- You’ll work with our media buying agencies with the aim of maximising the impact of marketing campaigns through a range of media platforms. By combining creative thinking with factual analysis you’ll develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns reach our target audiences as effectively as possible
- Work collaboratively with BBC Creative to select appropriate media platforms to deliver our campaign message in each market
- Engage and build outstanding relationships with external BBC WS partners to explore opportunities for the promotion of the World Service on partners’ platforms, devices or services
- Establish strong working relationships with internal Editorial and Business Development stakeholders to ensure effective translation of brand understanding and objectives with our partners’ marketing creative
- Ensure all marketing activity is correctly complied (as per BBC Brand guidelines) and is in line with BBC Fair Trading and Editorial Guidelines, always being mindful of sensitivities such as endorsement, price, prominence and any negative public perception of the BBC masterbrand
- Lead & manage the creation of BBC asset packs; brief the creative agency incorporating partner requirements and deadlines, branding attribution, copyright restrictions and rights sensitivities
- Support Business Development and M&A in pan BBC projects that require marketing support
- Contribute to the development of annual strategic marketing plans and support the Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing in the implementation of this plan.
- Support and lead on the delivery and evaluation of all campaigns in line with brand guidelines to ensure creative consistency.
- As part of an integrated Marketing team, develop relevant, integrated and cost effective cross media marketing campaigns across a coherent set of brands to deliver creative excellence against campaign briefs, audience reach targets and brand objectives.
- Establish great working relationships with colleagues in Audiences and Media Engagement teams to ensure clarity of positioning, and ensure effective translation of BBC brand objectives into creative output.
- Evaluate and learn through ensuring appropriate analysis and measurement of campaigns
- Contribute to regular reviews with colleagues and stakeholders to review core campaign output.
- Liaise with Audience Research to prepare post-campaign evaluations and support the campaign evaluation process.
- Keep ahead of developments in the field of marketing and technology/digital trends, maintaining links with the industry and incorporating into marketing plans where possible.
- Bring a sophisticated on-going understanding of the impact of digital marketing on digital audiences, and help set KPI’s for future campaigns.
- Foster and support a culture of iterative testing and optimisation of digital marketing activity.
Are you the right candidate?
The Marketing Executive is expected to have marketing experience within the media industry or an industry with similar scale and complexity.
In this context they will need to demonstrate knowledge and successful experience of:
- Delivering multi-media marketing campaigns from brief to evaluation
- Working with in-house and third party creative resources
- Budget and project management; efficient use of resources
- Driving collaboration across organisational boundaries
- Managing critical stakeholder relationships
- Analytical approach, able to critically evaluate ideas and information
- Effective written and verbal communication, with good presentation skills
- Able to embrace change, and make improvements to working practices
- A successful leader, able to manage self, lead campaigns and campaign teams within a complex matrix environment
- Passion for and a good understanding of the BBC
- Ability to meet and set targets and deadlines whilst managing a wide range of concurrent activities.
- Understanding of editorial and other compliance policies
- Understanding of BBC Brands, knowledge of the broadcasting industry and a demonstrable interest in its output
Contract: 12 month fixed term
Grade: Local Terms and Conditions
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the country the role is based in.
About the BBC
“Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation”
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: