BBC Job Vacancy 2018 for Editor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for BBC Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
BBC Job Vacancy 2018
In an exciting new partnership, BBC Africa is working with Kenyan broadcaster KTN to co-produce a lively, weekly current affairs, English language programme for Kenyan audiences. It will feature an in depth look at strong African stories, look at issues that touch the lives of Kenyan at home and abroad, deliver original storytelling and hard-hitting studio discussions and interviews. All our journalists work across TV, Digital and Social platforms.
- To editorially lead the launch of new TV and digital news content for Kenya and other African countries.
- To lead and motivate a team of journalists to produce high quality content and to encourage original journalism and distinctive, innovative storytelling.
- To co-ordinate, plan, guide and inspire all coverage and lead on major news events.
- To be a key point of liaison with the best possible communication between the BBC and partners and to ensure that editorial and legal guidelines of both broadcasters are met.
- Recruit, deploy, lead, manage, train and develop the staff.
- Work with the rest of the management team to build an open, collaborative and creative culture.
- To manage commissioning and production budgets effectively.
- To work with BBC News, particularly the Africa Head of Partnerships, Africa TV Editor, the News interactive team and Newsgathering to deliver high quality material.
- To work with visual journalism and production teams to develop compelling TV and digital formats.
- To develop a lively and engaged social media approach to news coverage working very closely with the Languages digital teams.
- To ensure that the potential of news is maximized in all African language output, developing new formats and styles.
- Seek out opportunities for more efficient ways of working in a multiplatform and multilingual environment.
- Excellent track record of delivering high impact, multiplatform News content for an African audience.
- The ability to deliver editorial innovation and develop great digital and TV content and stimulate new thinking about news journalism.
- Experience of leading and managing a team of journalists.
- Experience of managing budgets and observing tight financial targets.
- A solid understanding of major Kenyan, African and international news and how to maximize their potential.
- Excellent communication skills to establish and develop strong working relationships with colleagues in numerous BBC departments
- Strong planning, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to co-ordinate and plan news coverage from major events.
- Knowledge of the African media market and the changing needs of the audience.
- Thorough knowledge of African News and international current affairs.
- Strive for diversity of contributors, in terms of gender, ethnicity, disability and age.
- Experience of making sound judgements on matters of editorial sensitivity.
- Knowledge and practical experience of weekly and/or daily journalism.
- Resilience, determination, ambition, energy and enthusiasm.
- Outstanding written and spoken English.
- A thorough knowledge of all the requirements of the BBC Producer Guidelines and Editorial policies.
- An understanding of the agendas and requirements of the various BBC News international facing platforms and those of other broadcasters in the Kenyan market.
- A high level of editorial awareness and judgement in line with BBC and News Directorate policy.
- Appreciation and demonstration of the BBC Values.
- Written and spoken Swahili.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the country that the role is based in.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
- BBC Values Guide
- Click here for the Job Description
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: