BBC Job Vacancy 2018 for Co-Production Editor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 BBC Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
BBC Recruitment 2018
In an exciting new initiative, BBC Africa is working with new broadcast partners to co-produce a lively, weekly programme for Kenyan audiences.
This purpose of this role is to lead a new Africa Unit and launch the new TV programme and digital products for African and in particular Kenyan audiences. The post holder will have excellent knowledge of news in Kenya, pan- African news, global news and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media news coverage as well as a real nose for original, creative journalism. The role will work closely with BBC African News Editor and news specialists across the BBC, both domestic and in global news outlets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent track record of delivering high impact, multiplatform News content for an African audience.
- The ability to deliver editorial innovation and develop great digital and TV content and stimulate new thinking about news journalism.
- Experience of leading and managing a team of journalists.
- Experience of managing budgets and observing tight financial targets.
- A solid understanding of major Kenyan, African and international news and how to maximize their potential.
- Excellent communication skills to establish and develop strong working relationships with colleagues in numerous BBC departments
- Strong planning, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to coordinate and plan news coverage from major events.
- Knowledge of the African media market and the changing needs of the audience.
- Thorough knowledge of African News and international current affairs.
- Strive for a diversity of contributors, in terms of gender, ethnicity, disability, and age.
- Experience of making sound judgments on matters of editorial sensitivity.
- Knowledge and practical experience of weekly and/or daily journalism.
- Resilience, determination, ambition, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Outstanding written and spoken English.
- A thorough knowledge of all the requirements of the BBC Producer Guidelines and Editorial Policies.
- An understanding of the agendas and requirements of the various BBC News international facing platforms and those of other broadcasters in the Kenyan market.
- A high level of editorial awareness and judgment in line with BBC and News Directorate policy.
- Appreciation and demonstration of the BBC Values.
- Written and spoken Swahili.
Department: BBC Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Senior Partnerships & Production Manager
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)