BBC Job Vacancy 2018 f Digital Journalist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for BBC Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
BBC Job Vacancy 2018
BBC Monitoring (BBCM) provides news and information based on our monitoring of open source media from over 150 countries in more than 70 languages. It is an important part of the BBC’s newsgathering operation, with journalists based in the UK and in international bureaux, and provides content for a range of BBC platforms.
Our extensive operation enables us to provide insightful and reliable coverage of political, economic, security and media news. Our round-the-clock monitoring of TV, radio, press, digital media and news agencies is also provided to a wide range of users, including commercial clients.
- Produce engaging and insightful content in a variety of different formats (including video), based on the monitoring of vernacular sources
- Ensure all output produced adheres to the highest journalistic standards and is consistent with BBC editorial guidelines
- Actively seek feedback from BBCM’s users; work with the Editorial Leads/Senior Digital Journalists and the rest of the team to interpret this and respond in a timely manner
- Come up with original ideas and creative treatments for ongoing and emerging narratives, including data-driven products and multimedia elements
- Feed in to the global news agenda by leading editorial operations as required
- Continually develop expert knowledge of all media types (including social media) in the coverage area, ensuring that this source context features in output
Please note that this role will at times involve viewing distressing content.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience as a journalist with demonstrable news judgment
- An excellent level of spoken and written English.
- Complete fluency in one (or more) of the following languages: Swahili, Somali, Amharic, Tigrinya, Oromo, French, Arabic, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Kinyrwanda/Kirundi and/or any other language dominant in Africa’s media scene.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the news and current affairs of sub-Saharan Africa.
Please see the attached job description for further information.
Local terms and conditions apply.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Kenya.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More