BBC Job Vacancies Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 BBC Job Vacancies Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Table of Contents
BBC Job Vacancies Recruitment 2018
- Company: BBC
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a Women’s Discussion weekly TV programme, other discussions formats and innovative digital content alongside other African content.
Under the guidance of a senior Journalist / Editorial Lead, the post holder is expected to gather information and updates, as well as selecting stories and sources which provide unique insights to users.
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent level of spoken and written English. Swahili or another African language is also desirable.
- Understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media content.
- Editorial judgment and the ability to spot a story
- Ability to communicate effectively and to present complex information and ideas clearly and concisely
- An interest in African news, current affairs and discussion content.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to embrace new ways of working and new technology to find and analyse information and produce content and an ability to share/communicate what you know, or have learnt, to others in the team
- Ability to understand and identify the needs of discussions audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding user groups and target markets
- Expertise in the collection, processing, analysis and visualisation of data (possibly including basic programming skills)
- Experience as a journalist
- Content creation, video shooting/editing skills or broadcast experience
- A thorough knowledge of all the requirements of the BBC’s editorial policy
Reports to: Near News Editor, BBC Africa
Grade: Local terms and conditions
About the Company
“Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation”
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: