BBC Job Vacancies 2018 for Technical Supervisor
You will provide a professional technical and Supervisory support role to the other technical assistants and office management to our Nairobi operations, spanning a variety of technologies, and within a service management culture.
You are expected to have an excellent command of English, as well as technical knowledge across a variety of disciplines. You will be expected to have a thorough knowledge of broadcast engineering and/or operations. You will also be required to provide first line support, being guided by Engineering Operations in the UK, for the Bureaux IT infrastructure that consists mainly of a secure Windows based client/server topology.
This enterprise-wide desktop is governed by the BBC in the UK with its technical partners. The bureau also uses locally, Apple-based products and some Linux-based products
- Fluent spoken and written English; excellent communications skills and ability to manage remote communication effectively, as well as experience of producing accurate and concise documentation and communications.
- An up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technologies, including camera, sound and studio equipment and practices, RF & satellite communications, digital broadcasting production techniques including audio/video capture and distribution and IP networks,
- An appreciation of broadcast industry standards including video and audio encoding.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely so that it easily understood by a variety of audiences.
- Ability to understand and interpret data accurately and effectively.
- Confident in own ability and judgment and willing to take the lead and be personally accountable.
- Strong determination to succeed, whilst maintaining tact and diplomacy, even when faced with challenges and obstacles.
- The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team, and being personally accountable as well as being part of a management team.
Country / region: Kenya
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: