Bayer 2019 for Finance Controller
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Bayer Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Bayer Job Vacancy 2019
At Bayer, we’re a responsible, global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet.
For more than a century, we have worked to solve some of the toughest problems in agriculture. In the face of an ever-changing climate, a growing population and limited resources, how can we grow more healthy, safe and affordable food in a sustainable way? From the Earth’s deepest roots to its highest satellites, we combine modern science with farmers’ ingenuity to put innovation at their fingertips that can to help nourish our growing world and preserve natural resources.
And, while we don’t have all the answers, our passion for discovery, collaboration and curiosity means we will never stop striving to find them. Through our work, we’re committed to delivering better solutions for all farmers while enabling more choice for consumers to help them and our planet thrive.
The role will oversee all accounting, reporting and compliance activities with support from regional, global and SSC teams. The responsibilities include working as a single point of contact (SPOC) for all local finance activities as well as providing sound leadership as part of the Kenya Leadership Team.
- Ensure Compliance to Corporate Controllership Policies (CCP’s) and FCPA (vendor approvals)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly controllership and tax certifications
- Preparation of monthly tax provisions; US and statutory tax reporting
- Review of quarterly tax submissions/tax forecasts to USA/annual SEC and GDX packs
- Preparation of annual and provisional income tax returns
- Internal audits, USGAAP/external audits and statutory returns
- Prepare annual financial statements and drive IFRS conversions when necessary
- Approval of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of legal entity cashflow forecasts and cash management (incl A/R mgt)
- Month end closing activities – TB review (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Calculation and payment of provisional taxes in liaison with tax coordinator
- Approval of electronic vendor payments (account signatory)
- Maintain relationships with 3rd parties ie vendors, bank, tax authorities, auditors etc
- Providing support to business and finance projects
- Cost centre; Balance sheet and Tax reviews
- Provide support to costing team on stock counts and controls.
- Manage local entity SLA’s with SSC
- Drive local annual budget process
- Drive annual fixed assets verifications
- Business partnering and site visits for training, expense reporting, CCP’s
Academic Qualification Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/Chartered Accountant)
Related Job Experience/Qualifications
- 8-10 years experience in finance, including specific experience in financial, cost, and management accounting.
- SAP working knowledge
- Good working knowledge of local statutory compliance requirements
- Thorough understanding of USGAAP and IFRS concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good relationship management and networking skills.
- Demonstrate courage and candor in negotiating and influencing
- Strong results orientation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Bayer East Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: