Award Winning Company Job Vacancy For Technical Manager (150-200K), Application Details
Our client is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries. They seek to hire a Technical Manager who will be involved in overseeing planning, executing and documenting installation projects. He/She will also supervise Structural, Electrical and Solar Engineers as well as Technical Assistants.
Industry: Renewable Energy
Table of Contents
Technical Manager Job Responsibilities
- Act as a team leader to the technical team. Supervising technical team and giving progress reports to senior managers and customers.
- In charge of office organization, purchases and maintenance of technical related issues.
- Visit potential installation sites to conduct inspections, verifications, and progress evaluations
- Ensure the installations and civil works (hard and soft landscaping) are implemented on a timely basis and within the Company’s quality standards
- Develop and maintain a tracking system of technical and structural failures within sites ensuring real-time resolution of the same.
- Design and implement new /additional business ideas within the site area e.g. restaurant, barber, entertainment hubs etc.
- Conduct site audits to collect structural, electrical, landscaping and related site information for use in the design of solar hubs.
- Oversee preventive maintenance in all hubs completed in line with company’s quality standards in timely manner
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation and civil works.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during structural and electrical set up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring
Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects and commercial projects.
Demonstrate commercial sensitivity with ability to deliver results within agreed timelines and budgets.
Research and get quality and cost efficient locally sourced materials for the solar hubs including panels, hardware and software, solar and electrical equipment and general construction material.
Ensure technical team and processes are compliant with solar engineering standards and relevant standards.
Produce material and equipment material with sufficient information to meet the required technical, quality and safety standards.
Continuously maintain environmental, health and safety and legal requirements in all installation hubs.
Inspecting unsafe hubs and recommending options for repairs and maintenance.
Prepare technical specifications, reports, cost estimates and other relevant documents. Prepare and update procedures, methods and drawings for various hubs.
Researching and evaluating trends in the solar industry to continuously improve and modify processes to increase on efficiency
Qualifications for the Technical Manager Job
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- MUST be a T3 solar certified technician.
- Certification in solar water heating system will be an added advantage.
- Over 5 years of experience in project management within the electrical engineering sector
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili
- Commercial sensitivity with ability to deliver results within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Driving license desired
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, Internet and email.
- Conversant with CAD and other design soft wares
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: