Aurum Consultants Job Vacancies 2018 for Health & Safety Officer
- Develop, monitor and continuously improve a Safety Policy and Procedures document for the company.
- Develop, monitor and continuously improve an Environmental Policy and Procedures for the company.
- Ensure company and customer safety and environmental procedures and safe working practices are strictly followed, with the aim of reducing lost time incidents to less than the industry standard.
- Strive towards completion of comprehensive Safe Work/Operating Procedures for all company operations.
- Instigate, lead and complete all accident investigations within 24hrs of incident.
- Analysis of accidents, maintain incident/accident register and make statutory reports returns to the director of occupation health and safety services in collaboration with HR Office.
- Ensure health and safety is considered as first priority within the company.
- Instigate consistent toolbox talks at the start of each trip, ensuring content of the meetings are relevant.
- Act as safety committee secretary, lead all safety meetings and briefings, ensuring content is relevant and the correct message is delivered.
- Ensure awareness of safety and environmental issues is prevalent through visual posters and aids, continuous monitoring, discussions, briefings, training, simulations and workshops.
- Ensure all EH&S Trainings are carried out eg Health & safety committee trainings, fire marshals training, first aid trainings etc
- Training of employees as required by HR Department – on issues of Health, Safety and Environment.
- Ensure First Aid compliance amongst the workforce covers all areas of the company workforce
- Where the need arises carry out tasks assigned by the Managing Director to meet the needs of the business.
- Coordinate servicing of fire-fighting equipment.
- Ensure all fire-fighting equipment and first aid boxes are regularly serviced and contents are in order.
Knowledge and Skills
- Clear understanding of Kenyan health and safety legislation.
- H&S awareness
- Articulate and able to communicate well in both written and oral.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Independent thinker.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent mutually beneficial working relationships with staff and other departments to ensure smooth running of the section.
- Degree in health & safety will be preferred
- Diploma in heath & safety or environmental sciences
- 3 years post academic experience in Health, Safety and / or Environmental Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office application
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter quoting their expected salary to [email protected] before COB on 9th March 2018. Only qualified candidates should apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More