ATS Travel Job Vacancy 2018 for Head of Sales and Marketing, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for ATS Travel Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
ATS Travel Job Vacancy 2018
ATS Travel is a leading travel agency in Kenya with several branches spread across the country. We are looking for competent self-driven and result oriented professional for Head of Sales & Marketing position. The position reports to the Managing Director.
Head of sales & Marketing is responsible for sales and sales support functions; manages all aspects of sales activities for a sales force covering a large territory or market, responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Account/sales Executives.
- Enhances communication systems within the region to ensure effective communication up, down and across the field organization.
- Develops an organization that will help the company support aggressive growth plans.
- Oversees training and development of management and staff. Responsible for the performance and development of the Account/sales Executives
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Account/sales Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account/sales Executive’s sales and activity performance.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account/sales Executives.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Develop, review the departmental operational policies, processes & procedures
- Ensure implementation and compliance to policies and procedures through constant supervision
- Ordering stationery and disposables to ensure smooth running of the department
- Manage staff leave and attendance
- Record keeping for the department- clients lists, consultants managing the accounts, contracts/pre-qualifications and contract expiry dates etc.
- Conduct weekly meetings with teams to update on departmental performance, customer complaints, issues etc.
- Monitor team activity and workload in order to identify recruitment needs and seek approval.
- Participate in recruitment of approved new team members and conduct interviews in a timely manner and in accordance with company standards. Final recruitment subject to approval with the HR manager and Director
- Constantly motivating the sales team to hit their targets and ensure company profitability;
- Meeting regularly with team leaders to give them sales figures and plan how they approach their work;
- Meeting management to advise on strategy, finding out about any local issues and future trends;
- Overseeing the recruitment, selection and retention of staff as well as staff training;
- Organizing incentives, bonus schemes and commissions in liaison with HR & Operations
- Communicating with staff and providing encouragement, help and advice;
- Dealing with disciplinary matters and customer complaints.
- Ensure a high level of cooperation/communication between teams, among the operations functions and with all functions in the organization. (E.g. account management, finance, Travel, Tours and IT).
- Manage, motivate and provide direction to direct reports to achieve agreed targets.
- Maximize team productivity through ongoing reporting, feedback and counseling. Goal setting, review and appraisal process of consultants.
- Constantly drive direct reports to achieve their personal and team KPI’s. Monitor and provide feedback on a daily and weekly basis.
- Complete monthly individual reviews with direct reports and frontline travel consultants covering their KPI’s and defining resulting action items and/or personal development plans.
- Provide performance counseling where necessary, both reactively to improve performance and proactively to foster professional development
- Monitor and report on all issues pertaining to the operation, escalating and mitigating of all risks
Leadership and Management
- Lead, coach, mentor and empower direct reports to meet the operational goals.
- Ability to mentor direct reports and identify opportunities for growth within the department.
Skills, interests and qualities
The skills required to perform such work are as diverse as the function itself. The most important skills are:
- Excellent written and Oral Communications skills
- Organizational abilities. Planning and prioritizing through execution to monitoring for productivity and efficiency.
- Analytic capabilities/understanding of processes and implementation of SOPs
- A broad understanding of other functions. An attention to detail and analytical.
- Coordination and optimization of processes for maximum efficiency.
- Quick decision-making with a clear focus on problem-solving.
- People skills- must people skills to properly navigate the fine lines with colleagues, subordinates and senior management. Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Creativity- ability to finding new ways to improve corporate performance.
- Tech-savvy. Familiar with the most common technologies used in the industry, a deeper understanding of the specific operation technology at the organization including CRM
- IT/Computer Knowledge skills, working in an automated Quality Control environment, and Implementing best practices.
- Resilience to cope with long hours and pressure at peak times
- Innovation and energy with a desire to drive others;
- Commitment to people management;
- Sound judgment with attention to detail
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Tourism & Travel or BCOM with major in Sales & Marketing) with relevant managerial and travel-related experience.
- Minimum Experience: 6-10 years of direct supervision of sales & marketing executives, account managers in a corporate travel environment.
- Experience managing leisure, group or event travel.
- Specific functional experience, perhaps in operations, marketing, sales, may be advantageous.
- Good leadership skills and knowledge of people management
- Good understand of customer service skills
- Good financial understanding of budget and reports
- A strong business acumen
- Excellent Phone & E-mail etiquette – You could be on call 24 hours a day. Should be prepared to work late hours and also on holidays if need be.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through email to email@example.com to HR Manager; with subject line as “Head of Sales & Marketing” by 10th December, 2018.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s immediate supervisor.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: