Arifu Recruitment 2018 for Chief Operating Officer, Requirement, Benefits and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Arifu Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Arifu Recruitment 2018
Arifu is a Nairobi-based social enterprise making it possible for anyone to access the information and opportunities they need from the organizations they trust over any mobile phone. With Arifu, people seeking to learn can freely access the Arifu chatbot using interactive SMS or smartphone chat apps to master new skills, discover a world of free educational content, and earn rewards from our partners whether or not they have internet or airtime. The Arifu chatbot delivers personalized content designed in-house in close collaboration with our partners such as financial service providers, mobile operators, agribusinesses and NGOs. Our partners use Arifu to engage, train, and capture data on underserved people across their value chains, especially hard-to-reach customers, retailers, and suppliers. Currently serving 700,000 learners in East Africa, Arifu has demonstrated results increasing people’s income and access to impactful products and services while creating shared value for partners.
Arifu, a high-growth edtech company in Nairobi, is looking to hire an ambitious and analytical Chief Operations Officer to provide leadership in executing a bold vision of placing a smart personal learning assistant in everyone’s hands across Africa and globally. This is a full-time position with equity participation based at Arifu’s headquarters in Nairobi.
As the COO, you are a critical part of the leadership team reporting directly to the CEO with the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall vision and goals of Arifu together with leadership;
- Design and implement successful strategies, initiatives, and measures to achieve operational objectives;
- Lead, hire for, and manage functional teams for Project Management, Finance, Talent, and Admin/Compliance;
- Option to lead the Product Team, depending on candidate’s skill set and career goals;
- Lead operationalization of new markets with existing partners;
- Develop risk identification and mitigation strategies;
- Lead efforts to identify opportunities and implement solutions for productivity and profitability gains;
- Support the CEO to raise investment rounds for growth financing;
- Contribute thought leadership internally and externally in relation to Arifu’s business, vision, and innovation;
- Participate in community events, trade meetups, and industry workshops in Nairobi and globally.
- Ambition, grit, and a desire to have impact are essential qualities for everyone on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Master-level degree in Business Administration or related category of study;
- Experience leading teams and operations within organizations that have over 25 employees;
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience with a solid grasp of operations, finance, HR/talent, project management, and compliance;
- Demonstrated results related to cost management, productivity, and company growth;
- Ability to guide complex research and analysis that will fuel high-level business decisions;
- Experience structuring teams and upskilling talent;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to live and work full-time in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Industry experience in education, advertising, publishing, or technology;
- Exposure to priority client verticals including financial services, agriculture, health, energy, humanitarian, and consumer goods;
- Working knowledge of STATA, R, or other data analysis tools and methodologies;
- Fluency in Swahili;
- Strong understanding of and history working in East Africa.
Compensation and Benefits:
We aspire to be competitive on compensation although, as an early-stage social enterprise, many on the teamwork below market rate. To make up for that, staff are able to participate in the Arifu employee share program. We also offer a comprehensive health insurance package and will cover the cost of a work permit for foreign staff. Other benefits include monthly airtime allowance, extra leave, a stocked kitchen, and plenty of ping-pong and foosball.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Arifu career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: