Arifu Job Vacancy 2018 for Director of Partnerships for Financial Inclusion, Application details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Arifu Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Arifu Job Vacancy 2018
Arifu, a high-growth edtech company in Nairobi, is looking to hire an ambitious and entrepreneurial Director of Partnerships for Financial Inclusion, to fuel the growth of our platform and content design services with large organizations in the Financial Services sector across Africa and globally. This is a full-time position with equity participation and an optional sales incentive program based at Arifu’s headquarters in Nairobi.
Arifu is a Nairobi-based edtech company making it possible for anyone to access the information and opportunities they need from the organizations they trust over any mobile phone. With Arifu, people seeking to learn can freely access the Arifu chatbot using interactive SMS or smartphone chat apps to master new skills, discover a world of free educational content, and earn rewards from our partners whether or not they have internet or airtime. The Arifu chatbot delivers personalized content designed in-house in close collaboration with our partners including financial service providers, mobile operators, agribusinesses and NGOs. Our partners use Arifu to engage, train, and capture data on underserved people across their value chains, especially hard-to-reach customers, retailers, and suppliers. Currently serving 700,000 learners in East Africa, Arifu has demonstrated results increasing people’s income and access to impactful products and services while creating shared value for partners.
To date, the Arifu chatbot has helped hundreds of thousands of people learn financial skills, access information on financial products, and connect to financial service providers to get meaningful tools for saving, borrowing, and transacting. With the Arifu platform, banks, MFIs, and governments can easily deliver financial education and other skills to millions of underbanked people or empower agents to build stronger, healthier businesses while capturing new analytics and insights that will fuel the next generation of digital financial services.
As the Director of Partnerships for Financial Inclusion, you will lead regional and global expansion ensuring millions of people get access to high impact financial information and services through strategic partnerships with financial service providers. You will be a key part of the leadership team reporting directly to the CEO with responsibility for:
- Generating and implementing a Financial Inclusion growth strategy including what content, partnerships, and products to focus on for maximizing impact and profitability;
- Building, managing, and training the team needed to implement the growth strategy;
- Designing a Financial Inclusion theory of change and overseeing a research agenda to collect strong evidence around it;
- Generating new leads and developing a pipeline through use of your networks, attending events, and liaising with industry experts and stakeholders.
- Identifying, securing, and nurturing partnerships with leading banks, MFIs, donors, and government to drive Financial Inclusion regionally and globally;
- Overseeing and contributing to the production of client proposals and grant applications;
- Generating new product and feature ideas for the Arifu Platform that will enhance value to both “learners” and institutional partners;
- Informing the pricing strategy for validated products and features such as alternative data credit scoring and propensity scoring;
- Contributing thought leadership and building brand awareness through blogs, PR, and case studies;
- Reporting on KPIs to the leadership team, Board, and investors.
To deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years in the financial services sector;
- Deep domain knowledge of financial inclusion challenges, solutions, and trends;
- Ability to build and nurture new relationships and close deals with institutional executives;
- Existing relationships with decision makers at regional organizations delivering financial services or otherwise innovating in the financial inclusion space;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, resource-constrained, early stage work environment;
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Swahili is preferred;
- Ability to live and work in Nairobi, Kenya;
- The preferred candidate will have strong analytical skills and an MBA.
Compensation and Benefits:
Arifu offers a competitive compensation package including participation in the Arifu employee share program. An optional commission-based incentive and compensation model will also be made available. Benefits include a comprehensive health insurance package, work permit for foreign staff, monthly airtime allowance, extra leave, a stocked kitchen, and plenty of ping-pong and foosball.
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Partnerships for Financial Inclusion” in the subject and tell us what excites you about this role. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up a first conversation.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: