APHRC Job Vacancies 2018 for NGO Field Interviewers
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that conducts high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit field interviewers for a projects that seeks to evaluate the effectiveness of the Choice for Change project on increasing knowledge, access and use of modern contraceptives methods among adolescents in Meru and Busia counties.
- Map out data collection areas
- Identify households with adolescents who meet a defined criteria
- Obtain consent from the parents/guardians and assent from adolescents to be interviewed
- Conduct interviews using the mobile platform provided
- Maintain standard procedures while conducting interviews and recording the responses
- Maintain high levels of data quality by ensuring all questionnaires and other required documents are completed fully and correctly;
- checking and correcting any errors that might have occurred;
- Ensuring safety of all devices and survey materials provided during fieldwork
- Have at least KCSE with a minimum of C+.
- Candidates with a background in social studies, education, or social work preferred
- Experience in quantitative data collection using a mobile platforms. Experience in qualitative data collection is a plus.
- Experience working with adolescents
- Experience with electronic data collection
- A resident in Meru or Busia Counties with good knowledge of the geographical area
- Must be fully available throughout the data collection period and able to work in the data collection sites, i.e. Meru or Busia
- Ability to speak Swahili, English and the local language spoken in respective County (i.e. Meru or Luhya or Teso)
How to Apply
Because of the nature of the study, only female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to [email protected], by close of business Friday February 16, 2018.
Please indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Application documents should include:
Cover letter clearly indicating area of residence
CV listing 2 referees
Copy of National ID
Copies of your academic certificates and relevant testimonials.
(APHRC) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: