Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Vacancy 2018 for Finance & Accounts Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Vacancy 2018
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency was established under the Anti-Counterfeit Act 2008 as a State Corporation with the mandates to enlighten and inform the public on matters relating to counterfeiting, combat counterfeiting, trade and other dealings in counterfeit goods, devise and promote training programs to combat counterfeiting and co-ordinate with national, regional or international organizations involved in combating counterfeiting.
Finance & Accounts Manager Job Responsibilities
The Manager Finance/Accounts is responsible to Deputy Director Corporate Services for:-
- Ensuring that all financial resources of the Agency are effectively and efficiently managed by maintaining financial controls, prudent procedures, adequate records, and accountability standards that meet requirements of the oversight governance body and regulatory authorities;
- Ensuring financial practices of the organization are carried out in adherence to professional ethics and standards of accounting (per ICPAK and IAS, IFRS);
- Coordinating, generation and analysis of financial and management accounts for the Management and Board;
- Supporting the Agency in the preparation, co-ordination and control of budget, cash flow projections and actual cash analysis;
- Managing annual audits and liaising with external auditors on issues related to audit;
- Liaising with tax consultants and other regulatory authorities (KRA, RBA, NSSF, and NHIF) on areas relevant to them;
- Authorising payroll and ensuring that all statutory and non-statutory deductions are made properly, promptly and are remitted to the respective authorities as required by law;
- Approving payments;
- Acting as the financial advisor to the Agency and provide management with investment advice;
- Ensuring the Agency’s financial resources are safeguarded from loss through fraud and error by maintaining an adequate system of internal controls;
- Ensuring the Agency complies with all the legal, regulatory, and audit requirements;
- Ensuring that timely and accurate reports are submitted to the Management and to Board;
- Ensuring that financial reports are timely and accurate and are in accordance to IPSAS;
- Coordinating preparation and submission of final accounts in a timely manner;
- Providing effective supervision to staff in the division; and
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned.
Requirements for the Finance & Accounts Manager Job
- Masters degree in Business Administration or related disciplines;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Sociology, or related disciplines;
- obtained Certified Public Accountants CPA(K) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- at least ten (10) years working experience, five (5) of which must have been at a managerial level in Finance & Accounting;
- attended a strategic leadership course not lasting less than four (4) weeks; and
- Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya..
How to Apply
The candidate should attach copies of the following documents:
National Identity Card
Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
Any other relevant supporting documents.
During the interview, shortlisted candidates will be expected to provide the following clearance certificates from:
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
Criminal Investigation Department (CID),
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All applicants are requested, to downloaded application Bio Data form and MUST fill it. The applications and copies of certificates MUST be sent through the post office or hand delivered to our offices.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Anti-Counterfeit Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, persons from marginalized communities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply.
Any attempt to directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 23rd October, 2018.
Executive Director Anti-Counterfeit Agency 3rd Floor, National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation Building Dunga Road, Industrial Area P.O. Box 47771-00100 NAIROBI
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: