Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Vacancy 2018 for Anti-Counterfeit Inspectors (8 Posts), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Vacancy 2018
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency was established under the Anti-Counterfeit Act 2008 as a State Corporation with the mandates to enlighten and inform the public on matters relating to counterfeiting, combat counterfeiting, trade and other dealings in counterfeit goods, devise and promote training programs to combat counterfeiting and co-ordinate with national, regional or international organizations involved in combating counterfeiting.
Anti-Counterfeit Inspectors Job Responsibilities
The Anti-Counterfeit Inspector I is responsible to the Senior Anti-Counterfeit Inspector and will:-
- ensure proper drafting of charge sheets and filing cases in courts;
- oversee the safe custody of exhibits;
- coordinate investigations on complaints from intellectual property rights owners;
- ensure that witnesses attend court through witness summons;
- facilitate and conducting prosecution of cases;
- oversee compiling of court files/cases;
- supervise conducting of raids on suspected counterfeit goods;
- coordinate the entering, inspecting, seizing and detaining suspected counterfeit goods;
- coordinate sampling of goods for testing and analysis;
- carry out follow ups on cases of complaints by consumers on counterfeit goods;
- oversee compiling of reports on suspected counterfeit goods;
- supervise the entering of goods into the inventory and transferring them into the counterfeit goods depot;
- perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
Requirements for the Anti-Counterfeit Inspectors Job
For Promotion/appointment to the grade of Anti-Counterfeit Inspector I, a person must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Criminology or related disciplines from a recognized institution;
- at least three (3) years working experience in litigation, criminology or law enforcement;
- demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance;
- must be a member of a relevant professional body in good standing; and
- attended a Supervisory Course.
How to Apply
The candidate should attach copies of the following documents:
National Identity Card
Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
Any other relevant supporting documents.
During the interview, shortlisted candidates will be expected to provide the following clearance certificates from:
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
Criminal Investigation Department (CID),
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All applicants are requested, to downloaded application Bio Data form and MUST fill it. The applications and copies of certificates MUST be sent through the post office or hand delivered to our offices.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Anti-Counterfeit Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, persons from marginalized communities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply.
Any attempt to directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 23rd October, 2018.
Executive Director Anti-Counterfeit Agency 3rd Floor, National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation Building Dunga Road, Industrial Area P.O. Box 47771-00100 NAIROBI
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: