Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Recruitment 2018 for Inspector
Job Reference: ACA/ACI/8
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency was established under the Anti-Counterfeit Act 2008 as a State Corporation with the mandates to enlighten and inform the public on matters relating to counterfeiting, combat counterfeiting, trade and other dealings in counterfeit goods, devise and promote training programs to combat counterfeiting and co-ordinate with national, regional or international organizations involved in combating counterfeiting.
It is a state corporation currently within the Ministry of Industrialization. Although the Act was passed by Kenya’s Parliament in 2008, it came into force on 1st July 2009 with the principal aim of prohibiting trade in counterfeit goods. The Agency came into operation in June 2010.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Anti-Counterfeit Inspector II Job
The Anti-Counterfeit Inspector II is responsible to Chief Anti-Counterfeit Inspector for:-
- Investigating complaints from intellectual property rights owners;
- Conducting raids on suspected counterfeit goods;
- Entering, inspecting, seizing and detaining suspected counterfeit goods;
- Drafting charge sheets and filing cases in courts;
- Ensuring safe custody of exhibits by maintaining inventory;
- Taking part in compiling court files/cases;
- Sampling goods for testing and analysis;
- Compiling reports on suspected counterfeit goods;
- Ability to write statements and presentation of evidence before court;
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by management
Anti-Counterfeit Inspector II Job Qualifications
For appointment to the grade of Anti-Counterfeit Inspector II, a person must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Law or related disciplines from a recognized institution;
- At least two (2) years working experience in litigation, criminology or law enforcement;
- Demonstrated administrative and professional competence in work performance; and
- Professional membership in the related fields above will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
The candidate should attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
During the interview, shortlisted candidates will be expected to provide the following clearance certificates from:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID),
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All applicants are requested to download the application form (MS Word, 122KB) and fill it. The applications and copies of certificates MUST be sent through the post office or hand delivered to our offices. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Anti-Counterfeit Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, persons from marginalized communities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Any attempt to directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 31st January 2018.
Executive Director Anti-Counterfeit Agency 3rd Floor, National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation Building Dunga Road, Industrial Area P.O. Box 47771-00100 NAIROBI
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: