Anti-Counterfeit Agency Job Recruitment 2018 for Chief Supply Chain Management Officer
Job Reference ACA/CSCMO/5
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency was established under the Anti-Counterfeit Act 2008 as a State Corporation with the mandates to enlighten and inform the public on matters relating to counterfeiting, combat counterfeiting, trade and other dealings in counterfeit goods, devise and promote training programs to combat counterfeiting and co-ordinate with national, regional or international organizations involved in combating counterfeiting.
It is a state corporation currently within the Ministry of Industrialization. Although the Act was passed by Kenya’s Parliament in 2008, it came into force on 1st July 2009 with the principal aim of prohibiting trade in counterfeit goods. The Agency came into operation in June 2010.
Table of Contents
Chief Supply Chain Management Officer Job Responsibilities
The Chief Supply Chain Management Officer is responsible to the Deputy Director Corporate Services for:-
- Preparing papers for relevant tender committees as per Commission guidelines;
- Preparing of contracts agreements as per established procedures
- Participating on tender opening and commercial analysis in liaison with other departments, Section and Units
- Participating in the development, implementation of the procurement policy and procedures for the Commission
- Receiving requisitions from the departments/units for development of procurement schedule
- Preparing and send out tender bidding documents/requests for regular and specialized supplies of goods and services
- Scheduling procurement in line with the budget;
- Participating in ensuring that Best Practices are employed in the supply chain management;
- Facilitating prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services or equipment following the award of tenders or orders;
- Facilitating receipt, verification, inspection and posting (into stock cards) of ordered goods, to ensure compliance to order specifications;
- Preparing inventory coding, classification, ensuring proper inventory control without pilferage;
- Monitoring usage of purchases and supplies to ensure that irregularity, duplication and wastage is minimized;
- Preparing tender schedules before awarding of local purchase orders, and local service orders;
- Participating in carrying out periodic stock takes;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualification for the Chief Supply Chain Management Officer Job
For appointment to the grade of Chief Supply Chain Management Officer, a person must have:-
- Master’s degree in Business Administration procurement/ Social Sciences/ Purchasing/Commerce/ Economics or related discipline
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration procurement/ Social Sciences/Purchasing/Commerce/ Economics or related discipline;
- At least six (6) years working experience, three (3) of which must have been at a managerial level in Supply Chain Management;
- CIPS professional final stage;
- Attended a Senior Management Course.
- Membership of a relevant professional body in good standing;
How to Apply
The candidate should attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
During the interview, shortlisted candidates will be expected to provide the following clearance certificates from:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID),
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All applicants are requested to download the application form (MS Word, 122KB) and fill it. The applications and copies of certificates MUST be sent through the post office or hand delivered to our offices. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Anti-Counterfeit Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, persons from marginalized communities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Any attempt to directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 31st January 2018.
Executive Director Anti-Counterfeit Agency 3rd Floor, National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation Building Dunga Road, Industrial Area P.O. Box 47771-00100 NAIROBI
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: