Ant-Counterfeit Agency Job Recruitment ACA Chief Legal Officer
Job Reference: ACA/CLO/5
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency was established under the Anti-Counterfeit Act 2008 as a State Corporation with the mandates to enlighten and inform the public on matters relating to counterfeiting, combat counterfeiting, trade and other dealings in counterfeit goods, devise and promote training programs to combat counterfeiting and co-ordinate with national, regional or international organizations involved in combating counterfeiting.
It is a state corporation currently within the Ministry of Industrialization. Although the Act was passed by Kenya’s Parliament in 2008, it came into force on 1st July 2009 with the principal aim of prohibiting trade in counterfeit goods. The Agency came into operation in June 2010.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Chief Legal Officer Job
The Chief Legal Officer is responsible to the Deputy Director Enforcement and Legal Services and will be:-
- Coordinating the implementing the provisions of all the legislations administered by the Agency;
- Facilitating out of court settlement between parties in a counterfeit matter.
- Reviewing legal documents/instruments.
- Preparing opinions and briefs papers and memoranda;
- Providing legal advice;
- Attending court on behalf of the Agency; and
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
Qualifications for the Chief Legal Officer Job
For appointment to the grade of Chief Legal Officer, a person must have:-
- Master’s degree in Law or Business Management/Administration;
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized institution;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya in good standing;
- At least ten (6) years working experience, three (3) of which must have been at a Managerial level in litigation;
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work Performance;
- Attended a Senior Management Course not lasting less than four (4) weeks.
How to Apply
The candidate should attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
During the interview, shortlisted candidates will be expected to provide the following clearance certificates from:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID),
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All applicants are requested to download the application form (MS Word, 122KB) and fill it. The applications and copies of certificates MUST be sent through the post office or hand delivered to our offices. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, persons from marginalized communities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply.
Any attempt to directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 31st January 2018. Executive Director Anti-Counterfeit Agency 3rd Floor, National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation Building Dunga Road, Industrial Area P.O. Box 47771-00100 NAIROBI
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: