Anjarwalla & Khanna Recruitment 2018 for Head of Knowledge Management, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Anjarwalla & Khanna Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Anjarwalla & Khanna Recruitment 2018
Anjarwalla & Khanna (A&K) is the largest corporate law firm in Eastern Africa, with over 90 lawyers, and is generally considered the leading full-service corporate law firm in Kenya. The firm has offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya’s main commercial centres. A&K has also established an office in Dubai. Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota (AC&H), a legal consultancy firm that provides corporate and commercial legal services, and is the first African firm to be licensed in the UAE.
A&K has been named “African Law Firm of the Year – Large Practice” four times, in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the prestigious African Legal Awards, which celebrate “excellence, achievement and innovation in the legal profession.” A&K is ranked first in Kenya by various legal guides, including Chambers Global, IFLR 1000, and Legal 500. In February 2018, the firm received the Chambers & Partners Law Firm of the Year Award for Kenya.
A&K is the founding member of ALN (Africa Legal Network), an alliance of top-ranked African law firms in multiple African jurisdictions, providing seamless and effective legal, advisory and transactional services across the continent. It is the largest grouping of its kind in Africa, with close working relationships across its sixteen firms and an established network of Best Friends across the continent. ALN firms are on the ground in some of Africa’s fastest growing jurisdictions, including the continent’s gateway economies: Algeria, Botswana, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. ALN works closely with AC&H in Dubai and an associate firm in South Africa.
Seeking ambitious and high performing leader
The legal profession operates in a knowledge based framework which places an enormous value on information. Our knowledge management team provides our lawyers with the information they need to advise with authority and ensures they have access to training programs to develop the skill set required from Africa’s leading law firm.
Our Head of Knowledge Management is responsible for managing the Firm and its Affiliates’ knowledge strategy and developing policies and procedures to ensure best practice. They will lead a team of professionals to ensure that the information and training needs of the firm are met in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
Based in Nairobi, the successful candidate is expected to take the lead in encouraging lawyers to share knowledge, ensure they are aware of the knowledge management resources available to support their work, are appropriately trained through internal and external training programs and are using the systems efficiently and productively.
The position holder is a key member of the A&K Management team, and reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and also works closely with the Partners and the other support departments.
- Provide a strategic knowledge management (KM) and research service to the firm’s lawyers, appropriately tailored for each practice area and jurisdiction;
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing and KM within the firm and its affiliates based in Nairobi, Mombasa, Dar es Salaam and Dubai;
- Work closely with Africa Legal Network to disseminate knowledge and training materials across a network of law firms in Africa;
- Develop the firm’s reputation for excellence in KM both externally and internally;
- Drive forward the level of high-quality knowledge, information and standard documents contained within the firm’s KM database and ensure that they are continually updated, managed and improved;
- Ensure the KM strategy is underpinned by appropriate technology-enabled solutions in the areas of KM, standard legal documentation and documentation management etc;
- Monitor changes in relevant law and practice, updating lawyers where relevant, and ensure that the firm consults on draft legislation;
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of legal briefings, articles and updates to our clients and for legal publications; and
- Maintain oversight of the Firm’s library and ensure its resources therein are well managed and up to date.
Experience and personal qualities
- Qualified lawyer with international experience; a minimum of ten (10) years working experience is preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, including the ability to communicate effectively on a practical and academic level;
- The drive, initiative and pro-activity to deliver in a wide ranging role;
- Technologically aware and able to make the best possible use of available systems and IT;
- Excellent team management skills; and
- Passion and academic interest in the law.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- A degree of personal authority commanding respect, but with an open, participative and collaborative style combined with a ‘can do’ attitude, patience and humour;
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently;
- Ability to communicate and present effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing;
- The ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people (both internally and externally);
- A commitment to ALN’s mission and extremely strong ethical integrity;
- Proven project management skills with the ability to obtain buy-in and support for projects from diverse stakeholders;
- Experience developing compelling value propositions for services/campaigns and creating integrated issue based platforms;
- Self-starter, able to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives;
- Flexible and able to operate in a diverse environment; andTechnology savvy including use of digital media and data analytics; solid understanding of how to use and apply such tools and data to benefit the partnership.
How to Apply
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org referencing this position HOD KM/05/18 by 12:00pm (GMT) on 14 June 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: