AMSOL Job Vacancy 2018 for Quality/Occupational Health & Safety Manager, Application Details
Our client, headquartered in Nairobi and with branches in East Africa, provides quality services to customers in the telecommunication, power and energy sectors in East, Central Africa and beyond. They provide customers with convenient, thorough and reliable networking solutions, valuations and assessments. Their services focus on the design, construction and operation of network infrastructure at every step of the value chain.
Our client is seeking to recruit a Quality/Occupational Health and Safety Manager whose purpose will be to monitor and inspect project activities to ensure requirements, regulations, and industry practices are being met in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner. This position delivers quality assurance of all activities, providing confidence that requirements are consistently fulfilled. The manager will oversee various activities on the project and also take detailed records of the installations.
The core responsibilities of the Quality, Occupational Health and Safety manager are in; ensuring the quality, health and safety standards are adhered to, providing independent and objective assurance and consulting activity that is guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the various operations, projects, and special initiatives; Providing ongoing quality support to Installation activities. The person will perform auditing, (ISO and Field Quality) reporting, handling non-conformances, root cause analysis, problem solving etc. The Quality, OHS manager through random audits will verify / validate the Installation crew follows the recommended quality guidelines and other customer specific installation standards / procedures to achieve the desired outcome.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct internal ground/tower top quality audits and data analyses required for compliance with defined standards.
- Perform quality inspections on work currently performed or work that has been recently completed, utilizing established checklists and/or other quality related documents.
- Perform inspection activities to assess conformance of components and/or systems to approved quality plans, site surveillance plans, procedures, and processes.
- Coordinate audits of operations and standards to determine compliance with TL-9000 requirements.
- Provide adequate supervision, coordination and inspection of activities during projects to ensure project permitting requirements are followed including pre and post-project notifications.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with company and project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. and document all violations and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions.
- Write and revise operating procedures and quality instructions to suit defined requirements and ensure that documentation on file is current and accurately reflects actual operating procedures.
- Lead in ensuring values of organization are represented in all facets of Quality, Occupational Health and Safety.
- Develop and/or review procedures and quality instructions to validate content and to ensure compliance and requirement.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with OHS requirements and playing a key role towards the formulation of appropriate policies and standards. Creates organizational value by implementing innovative solutions and best practices.
- Develop, continuously update and maintain a Risk Register.
- Provide coaching to staff to ensure required standard of performance, and undertake staff development through participation of staff in training, workshops, seminars and courses.
- Plan and implement quality audits in conformity to International Standards.
- Conduct safety audits on a periodic basis.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent expertise.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with inspection/quality control responsibilities in the telecommunication industry. Experience as a Field Installer desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Field Quality Auditing experience.
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies and /or Tower construction.
- Certification in any industry standards desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Thorough understanding of industry practices/standards, operations, contract management.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment; Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues to contractors and fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good time management.
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings, and diagrams for fiber construction.
- Fiber and Microwaves knowledge.
- History of adhering to safety procedures and practices.
- High degree of focus and attention to detail/strong organizational skills.
- Be able to speak/communicate clearly with customers, employees, and utility inspectors/regulators.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants to submit their application including an updated CV, indicating their current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Wednesday 11th April 2018. Ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: