AMSCO Job Recruitment 2018 for Senior Associate – Office of the Regional Director
Our client is looking to fill the above mentioned position. They are a commercial bank providing banking services to corporate, SME and retail clientele. The bank has 30 branches in Kenya of which 15 are in Nairobi. They also operate 2 Business Centres in Nairobi and Mombasa to cater for enterprise clients.
The role of the Senior Associate is both supportive and advisory so as to increase the bandwidth and velocity of the Director in such a way as to concentrate his time, effort and priorities on strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands.
S/he must also have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the Director and other constituencies, both internal and external. Some travelling should be expected, largely within the African continent.
While the Senior Associate will not have direct reports s/he must exhibit the skills to collaborate with others and be able to achieve actionable results through others since they will work on 4 banks, that is Kenya, Ghana, Uganda & Tanzania
S/he must have the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact at all levels of the organisation. The ideal candidate will also be able to work effectively in a fast paced and project driven environment with constantly changing demands, and must possess energy, have superb engagement skills and a passion for growing the bank’s mandate
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Director in planning, directing, managing and coordinating day-to-day business activities with ad-hoc analysis and decision support
- Analysing situations and problems, and providing operational or strategic solutions
- Coordinate all business activities required of the Director
- Distribute meeting materials in advance of meetings.
- Director report back & roadshows, various, business speeches & presentations
- The collection, monitoring and creation of financial models for decision making.
- Data entry, spool reports and maintain a database of EA financial trends and ensure data back-up.
- Analyses data to measure financial risk on recommended decisions.
- Make recommendations for management decision making garnered from researching and analyzing information, including making comparative analyses and studying the expected effect of the recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial plans and budgets for the Group.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of critical path projects
- Work with staff across the Bank to align their actions and communications in support of agreed upon goals
- Be prepared to apprise the CEO/Director of project status and variations from schedule or scope
- Conducting internet research to keep up to date on things that are important to the companies
- You will have the ability to interpret information for strategic relevance and impact based on detailed analysis and review.
- Interacting with the regional offices, corporate committees, and other constituencies on behalf of the Director.
- Highest level of integrity, confidentiality, self-awareness, and desire to excel.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and strongly self-motivated.
- Experience in managing technical project work is desired.
- You should be able to run your own projects on a day to day basis under limited supervision.
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, extremely efficient, flexible, organized and resourceful.
- Entrepreneurial, business acumen, data analysis, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to form good working relationships and to interact with executives/Senior management and managers aligned to the Office of the Director
- Facilitation, excellent communication, and Presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- In-depth knowledge or a strong interest in the local and regional banking industry, banking products, banking services and banking regulations.
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint and statistical software packages knowledge and application.
- Significant experience analysing information for reporting and decision making.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Team player, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Results oriented.
- Mobile, and able to take up regional assignments.
- The successful candidate must be a champion of the bank’s Values.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree and possess a minimum of 5 years in an investment or banking environment
- Applicable/transferable experience: private sector roles banking, business strategy or financial analysis;
- Experience in working with senior management and executives and managing teams
- Excellent facilitation, communication and analysis skills.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: