AMREF Job Vacancies 2018 for Sales Manager
Job grade Grade C4
The Sales Manager is responsible for the profitable growth of AMREF Flying Doctor’s Air Ambulance subscription products. He/she is responsible for providing leadership and managing a team of sales personnel to meet AMREF Flying Doctors growth objectives. This includes sales of Maisha and other AFD related products and services whilst meeting customer satisfaction.
Identification and management of the target market
- Developing tactical sales strategies for the market to support the overall AFD strategy and business plan in the achievement of the business objectives;
- Leading the implementation of the tactical strategies and initiatives for the AFD Sales Team;
- Developing and managing a portfolio of high value, complex commercial client
- relationships at an acceptable level of risk;
- Maintaining a high market profile with both internal and external contacts
- Maintaining the overall quality of the AFD customer subscription portfolio and client base within established parameters;
- Managing risks in pricing, selling activities and decisions;
- Establishing and monitoring stretch goals for the direct reports.
Develop profitable new business from accounts and prospects to achieve revenue targets:
- Preparing professional and timely client presentations/proposals to meet client unique needs.
- Negotiating terms, conditions and documentation with customers, culminating in the closing of sales.
- Negotiating pricing arrangements in accordance with AFD policy and pricing guidelines to maximize profitable income.
- Providing the CEO with consistent, timely and accurate business development reports.
- Ensuring AFD interests are protected by strictly adhering to risk management, compliance and internal regulatory guidelines.
- Analysing market segments and working collaboratively with internal partners to effectively develop and implement initiatives to acquire new business.
- Identifying product deficiencies as a result of customer interactions and needs analysis and recommending potential product changes/opportunities to the CEO
- Maintaining a high market profile; participating in industry forums to develop relationships with key centres of influence to build and grow business opportunities
- Building and maintaining partnerships to help grow the business
- Coordinating business development activities with key internal business partners
- Coaching sales officers on call planning and effective post call follow-up along with related reports to ensure appropriate prioritization and action on new business opportunities
- Providing and coordinating product and sales training for sales officers and other
- AFD employees to ensure they act as an effective reference sources for opportunities
Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction
- Leading and managing the Customer Service Team
- Ensuring customer documentation is processed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensuring high service standards are maintained, including meeting expected turnaround times on customer commitments.
- Seeking customer feedback on products and the delivery of customer service.
- Maintaining customer relationships with particular attention to those relationships that are threatened by competition.
- Ensuring customer enquiries, concerns and complaints are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
Lead and manage the sales team by:
- Defining clear roles, tasks and expectations
- Providing direction/guidance/coaching/training as required
- Monitoring performance and providing timely feedback; identifying, then initiating and directing tactical responses to negative trends
- Ensuring staff are knowledgeable about products, services and procedures relative to the needs of the customers and market area they are required to serve
- Motivating and focusing the efforts of direct reports
- Conducting coaching, skills building sessions and touchbases
- Recognizing performance and managing non-performance
- Preparing and obtaining agreement on individualized development plans for all direct reports
- Acting as a mentor
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion and submission of business development reporting
- Ensuring direct reports provide an excellent level of customer service
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business management or related course. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years of proven work experience with commercial relationship management and indirect retail business experience preferably in a sales capacity;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the air ambulance and emergency evacuation marketplace, medical, insurance products, major customers and competitive positioning;
- Expert sales management leadership skills;
- Ability to analyse performance and generate appropriate dashboards and reporting;
- Strong tactical strategic planning and implementation/management skills;
- Must be able to effectively articulate his/her view to all levels both within AMREF Flying Doctors and externally in the marketplace at a senior level including industry/customer public speaking forums;
- Ability to travel several times a year across Kenya and Eastern Africa.
- Change management
- People management
- Strategic awareness
- Delighting customers
- Commercial/business acumen
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria and have the passion to contribute to the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider, submit your letter and CV quoting the reference number for the position on the subject line of the email to [email protected] Deadlines for submission is 9th March 2018. Feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
NOTE: AMREF Flying Doctors does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: