AMPATH Job Vacancy 2018 for Human Resource Manager
The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATH) is a program under the auspices of Moi University MUCCHS and Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to health care, research and Training.
In addition to the MTRH site, AMPATH also supports the Ministry of Health in eight (8) Counties of Western Kenya Region.
Applications are invited for the following vacant position in the AMPATH program at RSPO Main.
Job Grade: RS 14
Reporting to the Executive Director, Research AMPATH, the successful candidate will among others, be responsible for the following:
The Human Resources Manager serves as a strategic partner and is responsible for the overall Management of the Human Resource Systems and Practices within the Program providing counselling on procedure and policy interpretation; recruiting and retention strategies, employee relations issues and local employment laws.
He/she will operate with sufficient independence to ensure objectivity and fairness for employees while supporting the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Consults with management team to align human resources strategy and programs with the organization’s strategy while supporting AMPATH mission, vision and values.
- Manages employee relations practices necessary to maintaining a positive employee-employer relationship and promoting a high level of employee commitment
- Investigates and resolves external and internal charges/complaints of harassment and/or discrimination; applies an understanding of key legal precedents, policies and practices to protect the interest of AMPATH; collaborates with the legal and corporate HR department, considering risk for the organization and involving others as appropriate.
- Counsels and advises management regarding salary planning/compensation and regards to internal equity, promotions, reclassifications, transfers.
Qualification and Experience
- Must have Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field preferred.
- Degree in Human resource Management/Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Human Resources Management at a management level.
- Prior experience in Government of Kenya rules/regulations and working with donor funded organizations will be an added advantage.
- Be a registered member with a professional body such as IHRM.
- Experience in employment law and other government compliance regulations.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with employees from all departments and at all levels of employment.
- Proficient with Microsoft outlook and Microsoft office including Microsoft Word, Excel Power Point, ERP or Nivation software applications
How to Apply
The successful candidates will be employed on contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates and testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of their current remuneration on or before 20th March, 2018 to the address below:
AMPATH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, RESEARCH
AMPATH CENTRE, 2nd Floor RM 223
P.O Box 4606, 30200
Or email applications to email@example.com
Applications well labelled with the position being applied for should be dropped at the AMPATH Human Resource office, AMPATH Centre RM 223 not later than 20th March, 2018.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.