Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Job Vacancies 2018 for Financial Controller
Job Reference: FC 01/2018
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa.
AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives.
As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa (11 focus countries) to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers.
Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the position of Financial Controller.
The position will be based in Nairobi with regular travel to AGRA’s focus countries.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer of AGRA, the Financial Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and planning, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, treasury management, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Cost Allocation, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition;
- Support the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting;
- Coordinate preparation for all audits;
- Lead on technical accounting issues for compliance;
- Lead month-end and year-end close process;
- Manage AGRA’s treasury and cash flows and support in management of investments;
- Ensure quality control and value for money on financial transactions;
- Manage and comply with local, state, and government reporting requirements and tax filings in all countries with AGRA presence;
- Effective management and utilization of all financial systems;
- Ensure risks associated with financial processes are identified, assessed and mitigated;
- Ensure timely resolution of audit issues;
- Supervise and coach the accounting team and Regional Finance & Administration Officers; establishes and coordinates work plans for the team;
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are clean, accurate and are cleared in a timely manner as per AGRA procedures; and
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Proven relevant working experience as a senior finance professional with solid management experience in challenging financial environment;
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience;
- Advanced degree in Accounting;
- CPA (K) essential;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- Experience with creating financial statements;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process;
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills; and
- Strong people management skills.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV in English (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to [email protected] on or before 12 February 2018, quoting the job reference number, and addressed to:
The Director, Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way – Westlands, P.O Box 40092 – GPO 00100, Nairobi, Kenya Email: [email protected]
AGRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organisation.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualifications.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: