AICCAD NGO Job Vacancies 2018 for Finance Officer
AICCAD is implementing a 5 year USAID funded orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) project through CRS dubbed MWENDO which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV&AIDS and child protection systems, services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households in Kisumu county within three sub counties namely Nyando, Nyakach and Muhoroni.
Purpose of the position: This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the MWENDO project to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
Planning & Budgeting
- Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
- Ensure Planning & Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with MWENDO guidelines and other standards
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
- Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
- Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
- Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
- prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- Management of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure safe custody of cash and cheque book
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
- Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Programs/Projects.
- Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
- Any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management / Administration or related degree
- Minimum Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Professional membership with a recognized body is an added advantage
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
When applying; please indicate the position applied for on the envelope.
Attach your CV including salary expectation, day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references.
You can send your application by hand or courier services.
We are along Ngong rd opposite Nakumatt Prestige behind Algasim Motors next to Rehema Place.
Human Resources Manager AICCAD P.O. Box 21882 – 00505 Nairobi
The deadline for receiving the applications will be on 20th March 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: