Aga Khan University Job Vacancy 2018 for Oracle Database Administrator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Aga Khan University Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Aga Khan University Job Vacancy 2018
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospital in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA, the University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Database Administrator – Oracle in the ICT Department.
The Database Administrator will create databases, apply security tuning, backups and recovery, upgrades, trouble shooting, capacity planning, consulting and working closely with ICT infrastructure and Applications development teams, external suppliers and vendors.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of the database including database performance, tuning and capacity management.
- Database monitoring and management via third party tools and other associated tools configuration.
- Developing, managing and testing backup, recovery plans and security procedures.
- Keep IT Applications and infrastructure staff and management up to date on all matters relating to database creation, performance tuning and capacity planning with issues of significance being flagged.
- Communicating regularly with technical, application and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Working closely with it project managers, database programmers and web developers.
- Any other relevant responsibility as may be assigned by the manager/ supervisor.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Bachelor degree/Diploma in computer science with good experience in supporting Oracle databases.
- Three (3) years minimum of working experience in a similar role.
- Certified Oracle Database Administrator.
- Good problems solving skills, ability to work both independently and in a team environment and innovative database design and management.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates & testimonials, clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration to email@example.com so as to reach not later than 12th October, 2018. Please Quote the position title and reference number on the email subject.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: