Aga Khan Recruitment 2018 Hospital Laboratory Technologist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Aga Khan Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Aga Khan Recruitment 2018
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, with plans to spread to Bomet. With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit professionals for the following vacant position: Laboratory Technologist
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, documenting and processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintaining records as per the AKHK laboratory policy.
Laboratory Technologist Job Responsibilities:
- Receive and process specimens, release patients results and archive specimens as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration and quality control. Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Select, bleed donors, and prepare blood and blood products for transfusion as per laboratory procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
Requirements for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Fully exposed to laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and adequate experience in microbiology.
- Conversant with the formulation and review of SOPs. Ability to operate with micro – soft packages. Conversant with ISO 15189 Standard.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience with a busy medical laboratory.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 7th May, 2018
If you do not receive any response from us then consider yourself unsuccessful.
Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment. “Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: