Aga Khan Hospital Job Vacancy For Human Resources Officer, Application Details
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001: 2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay and Kapsabet Counties, with plans to spread to Bomet and Migori counties. To achieve its robust growth plan the Hospital seeks to recruit professionals for the following position:
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager-Operations, the Human Resources Officer will support timely delivery of human resource plans, data management, and operations.
HR Job Responsibilities
- Support effective implementation of human resource policies, plans and procedures.
- Support in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements In line with the function/business strategy.
- Participate in realization of people processes of talent recruitment to ensure optimal capabilities.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan as well as participating in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Maintains an efficient and effective filing system for HR documents, including the filing of staff files and data management
- Prepares certificates of service for separating staff in accordance with the relevant labor legislation.
- Monitor and submit monthly probationary report and share with supervisor a month before the probation end date.
- Support payroll administration
- Maintains contract expiry dates and update the supervisor one month in advance.
- Keep track of all active staff in employment and process separations of those whose contracts will not be renewed/terminated.
- Assist in the induction and orientation process of new staff; ensuring that new staffs are well versed with the various human resource policies such as the human resource manual and the code of conduct.
- Supports with the development of SOP and implementation of the same.
Requirements for the HR Job
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management/Development/ Industrial Relations/Organization Development
- 5 years’ experience in HR roles in comparable institutions.
- Accounting background will be an added advantage.
Skill and Competencies
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps from overall strategy.
- Team player Customer service orientation
- Quality management orientation
- Understands employee opinions, monitors the effect of business decisions on people, and advises on addressing employees’ concerns.
- Applies employee relations and employment practices in order to create a positive, ethical, effective work environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to [email protected] on or before 22nd December, 2017. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: