African Wildlife Foundation Job Vacancy 2018 for Program Design Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for African Wildlife Foundation Job Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
African Wildlife Foundation Job Vacancy 2018
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African conservation and sustainable development. AWF is seeking a Program Design Officer to contribute to the organization’s Program Design (PD) Department by helping raise funds for AWF programs.
The Program Design Officer will be responsible for identifying, defining, and developing funding proposals in coordination with country, program, and finance teams in order to raise public funds for existing and planned program activities. This includes prospecting, researching, project management, writing, and submitting grant applications to public donors. The Program Design Officer will also work with the Program Design Manager to update donor records in Salesforce and coordinate cultivation activities with country programs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities for the Program Design Officer Job
- Proposal Development and Writing (80%)
- As a part of the proposal development team within PD, the Program Design Officer conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to secure public funding. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Working under the leadership of “account managers” on the PD team, take primary responsibility in the following duties as “proposal lead” in searching for and responding to Request for Proposals (RFP):
- analyze and review funding opportunities and RFPs and their fit for AWF’s present projects, programs, and strategies;
- project manage proposal development teams;
- solicit technical inputs from AWF’s landscape teams and technical experts as well as from co-applicants and implementing partners;
- write professional and compelling log frames, concepts, proposals, and other written products;
- work with PD finance to present professional cost applications to secure public funding.
- Provide or secure PD input into technical reports to public donors.
- Research and write “position papers” or “cases for support” articulating a particular need for funding.
- Create fundraising reports or presentations as requested by PD “account managers”.
- Assist with other research and writing, as assigned.
- Cultivation and Salesforce Management (20%)
- Working closely with the Program Design Manager, coordinate calls, visits, communications and recordkeeping with AWF staff in Kenya and other countries to ensure the coordinated cultivation of individuals within public donor institutions throughout Africa. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain current and prospective funder tracking, including management and/or maintenance of PD’s online and offline tracking tools.
- Conduct research on donor and host countries priorities and strategies in relation to AWF fundraising objectives.
- Liaise with account managers and PD team members in Nairobi to support proposal development and cultivation activities as needed.
- Maintain team calendars and the scheduling of both intra-departmental and cross-departmental meetings.
- Assist in executing meetings for team members with external stakeholders, including scheduling, space and A/V needs, catering, material preparation, note-taking, and follow-up items.
- Oversee preparation of supporting materials for meetings, trips, presentations, and other events/occasions.
- Assist with PD file maintenance and storage, ensuring proper use of Salesforce and Box.
- Assist in alerting other AWF teams of new awards in coordination with PD “account managers”, finance and program/country teams so grants can be processed through AWF grants management systems.
- Provide Salesforce support on prospect and funder record updating and maintenance.
- Assist with funder research in support of funder prospecting and cultivation efforts.
Program Design Officer Job Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience working in conservation and/or development, preferably in Africa with a track record of success writing proposals for bilateral and/or multilateral institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in conservation or development related field with significant writing experience or in Communications or English with conservation or development experience.
- Excellent writing skills are a must, including the ability to shift writing style and purpose to be appealing and persuasive to the designated target audience.
- Must have proven ability to conceptualize and write project documents (including budgets, log frames, and work plans) and reports.
- Must be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and processes.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up process.
- Must possess strong editing skills.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Database management skills is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential. Fluency in written and spoken French is highly preferred. Other European language skills are advantageous.
- Demonstrable commitment to AWF’s mission and understanding of issues faced by AWF in delivering its mission.
- Up-to-date understanding of current bilateral and multilateral donor agencies’ priorities would be considered an additional advantage.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE: