African Union Recruitment 2018 for Senior Knowledge Management Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for African Union Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
African Union Recruitment 2018
The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a new partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, capital city of Ethiopia.
In seeking to achieve these objectives, the African Union intends to strengthen its capacity to deliver by, among others, the implementation of new organization structure and the filling of regular and short-term vacant posts.
The Commission of the African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States for the position of Knowledge Management Officer below within the African Union Inter-African Bureau for Animal Resources – AU-IBAR (Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture of the African Union Commission).
Supervisor: Director, AU-IBAR
Duty Station: AU-IBAR: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Description Summary
The Senior Knowledge Management Officer under the supervision of the Director AU-IBAR shall be responsible for provision of guidance to the Knowledge Management Programme of AU-IBAR.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent shall include the following:
- Provide strategic guidance to the Knowledge Management Programme of AU-IBAR.
- Work closely with the communication expert, information systems manager, the webmaster and projects and programmes unit (PPU) to develop/update and implement the information, and knowledge management strategy based on AU-IBAR’s strategic plan.
- Promote knowledge sharing through AU-IBAR’s business processes and systems through:
- the development and management of the Animal Resources Knowledge Portal using the AU-IBAR Animal Resources Information System (ARIS) and other relevant information systems.
- Work closely with the documentalist towards the modernization of the library through digitization and development of an online catalogue with a view to establishing an e-library.
- the development of an e-repository of the AU-IBAR archive.
- Promote collaborative tools that facilitate sharing of ideas, information and knowledge such as ARIS, outlook/exchange, SharePoint etc.
- Facilitate the sharing of experiences and knowledge as well as learning through the nurturing and management of Discussion Groups, Fora, Communities of Practice and learning activities using ARIS and other platforms.
- Help to capture and document new information and knowledge on animal resources in Africa such as the documenting of lessons learnt best practices and success stories.
- Develop and manage animal resources knowledge base products such as compendia, directories, databases etc.
- Help to disseminate information and share knowledge widely among AU-IBAR’s target groups such as through publications, knowledge fairs and exhibitions.
- Work closely with the Webmaster and the Communication Expert to maintain and improve the AU-IBAR website and other portals.
- Monitor and evaluate knowledge sharing within AU-IBAR.
- Monitor and evaluate knowledge sharing among and between member states of AUC and RECs and support them in advancing knowledge management practices in general.
Qualification and Work Experience Required
University Master’s Degree in Knowledge Management, Business Science, Information Science, Social Science or related field with 7 years of experience in knowledge management related positions, with proven track record of designing and implementing knowledge management strategies/procedures and databases which 3 at a supervisory level.
University Bachelor Degree in Knowledge Management, Business Science, Information Science, Social Science or related field with 10 years of experience in knowledge management related positions, with proven track record of designing and implementing knowledge management strategies/procedures and databases which 5 years of experience at a supervisory level.
- Experience in development or management of information systems to support complex business processes; applying information technology in knowledge management and specifically knowledge sharing.
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety.
- Familiarity with tools of knowledge dissemination via web-based and print publishing.
- Ability to plan and organize work within a project and ability to make timely decisions.
- Understanding the principles of creating and maintaining communities of practice.
- Project management and/or leadership and organizational change management experience desirable.
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills, particularly the ability to present information in a concise yet accurate manner; ability to develop consensus among people with varying points of view.
- Skilled in mainstream computer applications.
- Excellent information technology skills including relationship database programming and/or reporting skills.
- Excellent drafting, reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence a team of professionals from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Good networker with the ability to maintain a positive and fruitful dialogue and relationship with the main institutions operating on the continent.
- Working knowledge of data analysis; SAP ERP System, etc.
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills related to knowledge management. High standards of personal integrity and professional work skills.
Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages is a must. Knowledge of one or several other working languages is an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be made on regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Least Representative Countries
Candidates from the following least represented countries are encouraged to apply: Eretria, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo (DRC), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Liberia, Mauritania, Morocco, Namibia, Sahrawi Arab Republic, Madagascar, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles and Somalia.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates including women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (42% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 18,585.00 (per annum), education allowance (100% of tuition and other education related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10, 000.00 per child per annum), etc. for internationally recruited staff of the Commission.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to African Union (AU) career website on hrm.aucareers.org to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: