African Population and Health Research Center Job Vacancy 2018 for Program Administrative Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for African Population and Health Research Center job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
African Population and Health Research Center Job Vacancy 2018
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
Through its Research Capacity Strengthening (RCS) Division, APHRC seeks to recruit a Program Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical duties in support of the operations of its Training Program. This is a temporary position for a fixed period of three months.
Program Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for project activities, correspondences and documents for quick and easy reference
- Maintain grant reporting requirements and schedules in the Project Management System (PMS) and follow-up on project reports to ensure submission by due dates
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budges, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements
- Assist team members in preparing documents including PowerPoint presentations
- Manage program meetings, preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary
- Schedule appointments for the Program Leader and other members of the team as necessary
- Support coordination activities to set up a health systems training hub for health workers and practitioners working in fragile and conflict areas in Africa
- Provide support in preparation and formatting of reports;
Qualifications for the Program Administrative Assistant Job
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in an INGO, research organization or large research program
- Ability to work with information that is both sensitive and confidential in nature
- Detail oriented, discreet, tactful, courteous
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Good planning, financial and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org.
Applications will be considered until September 17, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
For more information about APHRC visit www.aphrc.org
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: