African Medical and Research Foundation Recruitment 2018 for Sales and Marketing Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for African Medical and Research Foundation Recruitment 2018 for Sales and Marketing Assistant. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
African Medical and Research Foundation Recruitment 2018
Amref Health Africa in Kenya, Wilson Airport, Lang’ata Road
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org.
The Amref Health Africa in Kenya Resource Mobilization Plan 2018 -2022 was developed in full alignment with KCO strategy 2018-2022 seeking to mobilize sufficient resources to deliver upon the strategic outcomes set out in the strategy for Kenya, as well as laying the foundation to re-establish the organization’s financial stability through growth and diversification. The Plan 2018 -2022 was to diversify the income base by 20% by the year 2022 by exploring new funding opportunities and partnerships. Key among these efforts is the development and rolling out of the following 7 Social Enterprises including; Amref Consultancy, Sets Supply Chain, Amref Health Africa Arts & Film Lab, Community Leadership Management and Governance, Af-Rika Gaming and SRHR, Amref Wellness Centers and Sanitation Marketing Business.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Manager
Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Unit 3
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The main purpose of this position is to contribute to the strengthening and growth of Amref Health Africa in Kenya Social Enterprises. The Sales and Marketing Assistant will be responsible for overseeing and assisting the marketing and sales activities. He/She will support enterprises in developing annual work plans, ensure achievement of the set targets, ensure documentation and tracking of records and provide professional interface with enterprises and clients.
- Marketing and Sales
- Scout for business opportunities- Government tenders, Newspapers, Professional sites- Linked in, Devex, Relief web
- Organise meetings with clients including and not limited National and County governments, development partners and non-governmental organizations for contracts for consultancies
- Support in development of social enterprises marketing goals and objectives towards growth and prosperity
- Develop marketing plan and Support the coordination of marketing activities as per marketing plan and targets
- Support the organization and coordination of operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity within the department
- Support in the gathering analysis and interpretation of external and internal data and write reports(Monthly, quarterly and annual reports)
- Professionally represent the company in events, conferences and workshops that are relevant and as assigned.
- Development of marketing and advertisement IEC materials- Brochures, videos, merchandise, branding etc
- Social media marketing- Facebook, twitter Linked in
- Development and Management of the Amref Consulting Blog and Website, as well as for other social enterprises and writing press releases
- Administrative. Customer Service and Documentation
- Manage communication with clients through email, telephones and websites
- Assist in packaging and delivery of consultancy and other enterprises applications
- Respond to inquiries made by clients about company products and services in a timely and friendly manner
- Maintain excellent relationships and partnerships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Plan and Coordinate networking events and exhibitions for the department and organization- Workshops, conferences, meetings with stakeholders
- Assists with annual budget tracking and departmental sales performance on a monthly basis.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Develop database of all clients and opportunities and ensure that business development documents used by the organization are well organized and easily auditable
- Assist in financial reconciliations of marketing and sales activities within the department
- Assists with reconciling purchase orders and ensures invoices are submitted to Finance.
- A Degree in Marketing/ Business Development/Commerce
- Professional Training and/ or Knowledge in research, monitoring and evaluation and quality improvement will be an added advantage
- 2 years’ experience working as a marketing personnel for a non-governmental organization dealing with health issues
- Experience working for a consultancy firm or a fast-paced business environment will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of consultancies in health research, monitoring and evaluation and quality improvement
- Marketing and sales for services
- Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organizational skills
- Multitasking and prioritization skills
- Customer service skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Practical computer skills and ability to adapt new technology (must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office)
- Strong team work
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written presentation skills
- Knowledge of current Global Health Business Development theories and practise
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent database management skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Public Relations and networking skills
- Presentation/Influencing/Negotiation skills
- Self-motivation to work independently and as part of a team
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment
- Methodical approach to tasks and problem solving
- High degree of initiative with a “can do” attitude
- Honest, punctual and hardworking.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application letter and CV to [email protected] by Saturday, 30th June 2018. Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: